Monday, October 17, 2011

This thing we call living

Do is it really worth it?  This slugging forward day by day waiting for the next shoe to drop, now its my health and the weight has to come off or my life will be much shorter.  But getting to the point where the steps are taken to move in a new direction is proving challenging.  I've fallen into bad habits of just having something in my mouth all the time, hardly ever really feel hungry and while I know little meals are good for diabetes so is being your target weight.

Today was sort of hard to work through.  For some reason I was very sleepy, the day was hot and when I finally got to the house to inspect it I found a mess,  you know how moving is, those last steps where everything is just laying out, well thats how I found the house, not at its best and the carpets were so filthy, who knows if they can be cleaned ever.  The house is a nice one with 3005 Sq.Ft., a pool, stamped concrete patio, nice kitchen but everywhere there was trash and more trash and things that need to be moved out.  By the time I finished the house I was just plain hot, not so much fun.

Then it was to Walnut Creek to do a field review where the comps were all over and then I headed back but stopped in Clayton, found a subway and had dinner.  It was perfect, early enough in the evening and tasted great.  We then came home the back roads, roads that are full of memories for me as I think of how many times Nan and made the trip through the windy Marsh Creek road, of how it nearly took her life when she had an accident in our first Ford van, so when ever I drive there I think of her.

Well for now I think I'll just think of rest.  Morning comes very early and I've off to see a couple places tomorrow.  Thankful for work as always.

Love to you and yours

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment