Wednesday, October 5, 2011

An even longer day!

This morning started early.

5 am the alarm sounded and by 5:30 I was driving out.  Turns out I needed all the time I had allowed and some more.  I was supposed to arrive in Orinda at this 6,200 sf home at 7 but actually did not make it until 7:30.  Then a blessed thing happened.  Turns out the owner had an appraisal done a few months ago and had a copy as a pdf.  He forwarded it to my office so I did not have to do all the measuring that would have been required.  Even with that help I was nearly late to the Castro Valley 10 am appointment.

The owner was a gentle pleasant woman who owns a cleaners in Piedmont, in the Oakland Hills.  Its a high end town and she says some of the clients are very challenging, yet she is glad she has work, 4th child is just off to UC and that costs lots of money.  We had a nice visit and I enjoyed seeing her home where 4 children got launched.  She was Korean and had heard of Dr. Ahn in Tracy.

My next appointment was at 1 in Fremont but I splurged and had lunch at Olive Garden, it was only $12 but so tasty and perfect.  While I was measuring the very nice home in Fremont hills it started to pour, I raced to the car for a coat and finished in the rain.  That lady was from Peru and the home was filled with special things from that area.

My final appointment was a little home located in the business district right on Fremont Blvd.  He is a doctor and they use the house for limited doctor visits but live there full time.  What a fun guy, loves his huge Koi pond, his fishing boat, his kids, his landscaping, loves life.  What fun.

So now I'm home.  Been getting the motorhome sort of ready as STeve is taking the girls on a camping trip and is going to give the motorhome a try.  I'm thrilled that they are getting away.

Well I'm still facing some work tonight so I'd better sign off.

Love to all

pray for those with special needs!!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment