Monday, October 10, 2011

My first visit to Kaiser.......

Dear Ones,
It was a very dark day, rain on and off, low clouds partially obscuring the huge new wind machines as we passed over Vasco Road on our way to Fremont.  So we spend the day with the heater on but still made progress.  We did hit one snag.  The first stop failed to find the owner home.  The husband had forgotten to remind his wife of my coming so she was gone.  I'll go back tomorrow, hard times to have to go back but human nature means mistakes sometimes, no reason to go off.

Once we did what we could for that appraisal, shot the comps and measured the outside of the home, then we headed for Richmond where we did two driveby reviews for the government.  These loans are three years old and the question is, did they do right in the first place?  Use the right comparables etc.  They are never easy to write and take a long of time, after all an appraiser's work, his judgement is in question.  I've been there so I know how serious it is.  Not much room for error.

We were enough ahead of schedule that we had lunch at UNO's.  I had this incredible 12 grain crust deep dish little pizza.  It was just so good, rugged, just like I like my food and along with some soup the lunch was perfect.

Then we made our way to Kaiser where we found the right desk and started the process.  Because I do not yet have my card I had to pay $100 to see the doctor.  He turned out to be very helpful and later I went down and had lab work.  They are so organized, friendly and helpful.  I think in time I'll have all my needs met using the system.  I'm still not able to sign in since the system does not recognize me yet even though I have a number. That number got me in to see Dr. Gee, the lab etc.  Anyway I'm very gratified to be a part of Kaiser now and while this month is expensive as they charge a double fee to start from now on I save $300 a month and have access to many things not available otherwise.  Good bye Blue Cross, you have been a very good friend but my needs have changed and your charges are out of my reach now.

The Antioch facility is all new and there are plenty of facilities to offer just about everything one could need.

Well tomorrow is another day and I plan to start at 5 so I'd better hit the hay for now.  Great news is Steve and Nikki are home safely with the girls, the motorhome did not break down and they all had a great time.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment