Friday, October 19, 2012

24 hour headache, Great wedding this afternoon at 4 pm.

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm just back from a really terrific wedding.  It was held in Brentwood at a great facility and the service took place outdoors.  At first it was a little warm but mostly it was just great.  A lot of thought and planning had created a perfect wedding.

Afterwards there was time to sip while they took photos.  Then dinner was served and what a great dinner.  I got to sit with Rod and his wife, Rod ran a copier repair place for years before selling out to a large company.  We knew both he and his wife well as they kept all of our equipment working year after year.  They are Christians, have a blue grass band and are just incredibly nice human beings.  So it was a real pleasure to sit with them and have dinner.  I've been to a lot of weddings but I've not been to a better planned one, they thought of everything.

I've battled a headache yesterday, and then this morning when I woke it was there, its been with me all day, so bad that I've considered going to ER, but didn't.

Tomorrow I'm taking Kallie to Sabbath School and then something very scary, exciting and unusual is happening.  At around noon a friend will arrive, she will be driving from the Napa area, is bringing lunch and is coming to sit on the back deck with me so we can get to know one another.  She is a close friend of Dolly's and Dolly has helped us start talking to each other.  While I am so timid about moving relationships, so concerned I might be misreading things this lady is NOT shy. 

While we were emailing back and forth I mentioned it would be grand to just sit on the back deck and enjoy the lake, well she responded, was I asking her to come, inviting her?  Well once I thought about it I really was wishing it could happen but I'd probably never come right out and ask, well she was not timid, oh I like that a lot.  Now having said all of this part of me is saying, are you crazy?  You are heavy, the house is a mess, the deck is a mess, there are cobwebs everywhere, all of which are true.  So I've done a bit of housework in an effort to try to get it a little more presentable.

So please pray and my headache will go away and that God's will can happen tomorrow.  This is a talented lady, musical, a member of my church, a vegan and a very good communicator.  So I'm frightened and hopeful as the same time.  I have no desire to be alone, I have a lot of love and devotion to share and a lot to learn as well.

Not sure if I shared this, the heart doctor said I could exercise but not to exceed 120 heart beats when doing so.  I think that means gentle walks are ok and I'm looking forward to getting the tennis shoes on once again.

Thank you Lord for the Sabbath hours, may they refresh us all and help us make sense out of our lives.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment