Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Working hard, feeling good

Good evening
Well I'm taking a break from a very long day but I'm feeling good at what I've accomplished.  I rolled out at 6 this morning, it was cold and dark.

I started right into my pile of orders that need to be written and after a long process finished one in Brentwood, of course they are already back with conditions but who cares.  Its done.

Then I started another one that was needed in a rush, saw it yesterday and finished it today, and then there was another one and Steve finished one that I could quickly get out the door as well, what a help that was.

You need to understand that work is interrupted often as emails arrive with lender or client instructions or needs, I probably deal with at least 50 emails a day plus some personal ones as well, I welcome those.  I set up orders, call and make appointments, travel to properties in the best logical order I can come up with, inspect them, fight traffic and finally get back home.  When companies pay for appraisals their checks either come in the mail or through direct deposit.  Then those checks have to be logged out so we know which ones are paid for.  The phone rings pretty steady during the day and may be someone looking for help with a bad appraiser, someone responding to a request for an appointment, a lender trying to find out when their order will arrive plus the worthless calls from time share nuts.

Since I work in what was once Jason's bedroom where there are three computers, three printers, book shelves with files, blank paper and supplies I'm only steps from the kitchen, a little frig where the water is kept and the garage door.  Steve loaned me a little space heater that is silent and works by heating oil and then radiating the heat into the room.  I keep it under my desk and keep it low but it sure does take the chill off in the mornings.  I have a 27 inch monitor that does a great job of picturing what I'm doing.  I have direct access to MLS information for many counties and also access to public records.  Orders arrive by email and then I print them out to wait until I get a chance to set them up.

As you know I've been trying to locate someone to do write ups for me, to assist with the process of getting the orders written to a point where I can make the final decisions.  Steve does a super job but has his own work plus the girls to move from place to place so I need additional help.  I've been asking God for His help and I think He answered today.  As I was driving out to make a bank deposit I stopped to say hello to Gary, my long time neighbor.  I asked if he was busy and he said his work was slow this time of the year.  Gary has helped in the past with doing appraisals, years ago and was warm to the idea of writing reports for a reasonable fee.  So we are going to get together soon to work out details. This could really be a huge help for both Steve and Myself as he is about to connect with some of the same companies that send me work, much more than I can handle at the present time.  So he stands to become very busy as well.

I've got to say that God is really good to us when we stop to listen.  Currently I'm battling with blood sugar numbers, this morning it was 149 which is not too bad.  I've stopped eating in the evening, dropped 10 pounds so far and hope to be down more tomorrow.  But getting the blood sugar level down in the afternoon is proving to be tough.  Tomorrow I have to get my blood level checked for Coumadin, I'll do it in Tracy or Livermore when i pass through those places, both are very quick to take care of it.

I'm including a photo for Mr Timothy getting his second belt in his martial arts class.  Just warms my heart to see the little people do their thing.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment