Sunday, October 14, 2012

Alone again

Dear Family and Friends,

As many of you know our family friend Marilyn has been visiting and helping me since late July.  She has been doing all manner of things both for the company and for me personally.  She has shopped for groceries, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, cut up peaches we found at CostCo that have been so good, she has set up orders, done all the filing, kept up when clients paid for appraisals, made deposits, driven me about since my heart acted up, cared for the kiddos and just been a very good friend.  In life lots of times good things have to come to an end and today Marilyn started her journey back to her home in Rhode Island with her adult children.

This morning Nikki and the girls arrived in the van and Marilyn loaded all her bags in. They went to Apple Hill where all had a great day, then on the way home they stopped in Sacramento so Marilyn could visit Diane for a few days.  From there she will fly home sometime this week.

It has felt very strange all day, so quiet, no movement, no offers of help, no runs to Starbucks or to made deposits.  I miss her and I will miss her help as well. Tonight Pooka keeps looking for her couch buddy as they sat together on the love seat and watched TV, read books and did the computer.

I've been able to settle into doing some much needed work and this evening Ray and Lois asked if I wanted to come grill a burger with them.  I took one of my new griller prime patty and Ray grilled it just right.  It was nice to sit and watch the sun set in a blaze of glory and color.  Once we were through Ray came back with me to help me move the dryer to the curb to give away to the first taker.  Once that was out I was able to juggle things in the garage and both cars are put away tonight, for some reason that is sort of an obsession with me and they are both inside.  Of course I can feel it in my chest too, whenever I do much my heart send out these little feelings and I know to slow down.  how glad I will be when it works properly again but that is a month away at the soonest.

Tomorrow I drive to San Francisco to see a house, then back to Alameda and then to Oakland before turning for home.  I hope I'm not overdoing, I do try to stay calm, let the idiot drivers just go where they want to and not get worked up like I used to.

Tomorrow is also the day I have to part with thousands of dollars for taxes.  I'm thankful that I have a few thousand to share. 

So with a quiet house, great memories and a deep appreciation for all her help I say a gentle goodbye to Marilyn.  With a heart of gold, a sharp sense of right and wrong and lots of opinions Marilyn is never dull, its been a blast.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment