Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Next Step - Coumadin

Dear Blog Followers,

I can't express how grateful I am to those who have communicated with me, your experiences and advice has been so helpful. 

I've learned that one can be on Coumadin and still live a pretty normal life, that sometimes people are on it, have the heart process done and then eventually stop taking Coumadin, I've learned to the heart procedure is fairly ordinary, I've also learned that coughing and A-Fib are related, some people can even kick their heart back into normal by coughing and holding their hand firmly on their chest, I've learned from the Coumadin clinic that I start with 4 mg which I did tonight, have a blood test done next Monday morning, they will call in the afternoon to advise me as to dosage.

You have been very helpful, the support from both family, friends and even my business clients has been a great lift.

I've worked today, doing an inspection this morning in Brentwood, then working in the office for the rest of the day, I've written two reports, taken Kallie to swimming tonight and watched her wonderful progress, then come back home and done some more work before relaxing with Marilyn watching back episodes of General Hospital, what a kick, she knows all the story lines and characters, boy do they need to go to church, to surrender their messed up lives to the Lord but that would not sell well so they just stumble from one disaster to the next.

Today I've had steel cut oats for breakfast with a banana, for lunch I've had a slice of hearty bread, avocado and fresh tomatoes and this evening Marilyn whipped up a salad that was great.  I was happy to discover this morning that I had dumped 5 pounds already, my friend from the midwest, Karen said I was on the fear diet, she is so right!

For the time being I could be hit with a stroke at any minute so I take it easy, try not to stress and just calmly do my work, the heart meds are already calming my beating heart and as of tonight the Coumadin is starting to thin the blood.  Fun stuff!

So wishing a good night and new day for each of us,

Love

tim

ps This is twins sale weekend for Nikki.  She will work all day tomorrow helping get everything in order, she has the van full of items to sell, hundreds of items all bar coded and ready.  Its an amazing sale held at the Alameda County Fairgrounds where thousands of items for children will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment