Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bad news

Good evening,
My visit to Kaiser did not go as planned.  Upon checking in after a hurried walk from the front door they found my resting heart rate was 137.  Once the doctor saw that he sent me for a EKG in the same office.  Once that was done it was back to the room to go over the results with Dr. Gee. 

I have a heart beat that is more of a flutter than a heart beat at the present time.  It explains why I've felt so energy low and down for the past few weeks.  My heart does not get a chance to do its normal beat but instead just sort of works in the top part, produces little pressure and is struggling to keep up with my needs.  He immediately went to the computer and asked that the cardiology group set up an appointment with me.  He further instructed me to avoid any exercise until I'm under the care of the heart doctor.  He restarted the generic version of a heart medicine that my old cardiologist had said was great news for a troubled heart.  He suggested I start Comidin (spelled wrong I'm sure) but settled for my upping my daily aspirin to 325 from 81.  Then he sent me to the lab for a series of tests.  My arm, the reason I had gone is, well that is some sort of tennis elbow and will get well on its own, need to rest it but that's a bit of a challenge when I'm seeing 3 properties tomorrow.

So the visit was probably life saving, explains a lot and still really got my attention.  After we left we drove to WinCo and purchased steel cut oats, brown rice, lots of stuff for salads and then Marilyn drove me home.  I've been in sort of a daze since the hospital processing what is taking place.  What is unknown is whether my heart works properly part of the time or is in this fluttering mode all the time.

What I can tell you for sure is this wake up call is being heard loud and clear.

So that is what has been happening around here today.  Earlier in the day I had taken the dog to the park, then tried to get work done but was very slow in getting anything done.  I had taken a nap or two and just had this really awful chest compression, sore neck, sore elbow and sore lower gut.  Oh well we will take things one step at a time.

I would appreciate your prayers that God will continue to guide and protect.  He has been very good to me for 64 years and I trust Him now.

Love to all,

Tim

nice to have Marilyn's help with driving, she will drive tomorrow so I can take it easy as I work.  We had a delicious salad tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment