Monday, October 1, 2012

A long one today

Good evening

As I type this evening my left elbow is radiating pain up my arm, not sure what is happening but its been pretty awful today as my work is partly physical, have to reset the measuring wheel dozens of times at each property and my left arm was complaining loudly with pain.

I rolled out at 6:30 this morning, enjoyed a nice long hot shower, that made the arm feel good.  Then it was out the door to the garage and an early arrival in Petaluma, great house but I noticed it was hot at 9:45 in the morning, so tempting to fall into their great pool,

Once I left Petaluma I noted that I would be early getting to Alameda so I called but didn't reach anyone.  I took a lunch break at Burger King somewhere in Alameda and by then the owner called to say his wife and mother would be there so I could go early.  That one went well too but by now it was hot, sweaty hot for sure.  Once I was out of Alameda I drove to Dublin and now it was really hot.  This one was a new home of about 3,000 sf with a 180 degree view amenity of the valley and distant hills, its selling for more than any home in the entire 2 mile area, $882,000.  How I appraise that property is beyond me.  I measured the home and my eyes kept filling with salty sweat, really fun! 

After Dublin I then waded into traffic and finally arrived in Brentwood at 6 pm to measure yet another large two story home but once I got inside it was great.  The AC had been left on!  I shot comp photos right into dark and then limped home.  Sore from coughing, left arm in pain, neck hurting, I'm in great shape.

Today Marilyn was nice to care for Keanna as Steve had to see properties and she is out of school for two weeks once again.  Personally I think the amount of time teachers are away from the classroom is a scandal but then what do I know.  At least Keanna is excelling as a student which is very very good.

This evening friend Sylvia called and we had a chance to catch up on your breaking autos, my health challenges and our kids.  It was great to talk to a real friend.

So I send love to all,  most grateful that I made it home.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment