Saturday, October 27, 2012

Reunion

Dear Family and Friends,

Oh what fun!  It was great to see so many people who I've known over the years at tonight's reunion for our little Tracy SDA School.  George and Becky have worked so hard to make this a success and it was huge.  My little kiddos loved playing on the same playground that Nikki and Jason enjoyed so long ago and they played for hours.  The event was carefully planned and everything was incredible, photos on the walls, videos prepared and shown, good food, just great.  I'm so proud of my precious Tracy church family.  They know how to do things right!

This morning Keanna ran her first 5K run around our lake and at the same time Kallie and I left to drive to Tracy for Sabbath School.  What fun to have little kiddos from the Tall family, I can remember when their three children were young and here we are enjoying grandchildren.  It really is one of the nicest parts of life, I'm sure God's heart is also touched when He sees little ones grow up with loving parents and then sees those children in turn start wonderful families.  Oh how special heaven will be when families can enjoy each other for eternity.  Days like today really put the rather mundane other days in perspective, we work hard on those other days so we can enjoy these special days of fellowship and love.

I had lunch today with a dear friend and enjoyed that very much too.  All in all this has been another one for the memory book, people touching people, laughing, remembering, sharing, as Steve Ahn would say, good stuff and speaking of Steve, I know He would have enjoyed seeing Michael in action tonight on the stage, the guy is good, really good in speaking to crowds of people and just happens to have one of the cutest little babies every created!

Well I'm ready to turn in, my heart is full.  A bit of reporting, my Coumadin level is high at 3.1 so they have suggested changes to lower it a bit, probably my delicious salad at lunch will help as well in getting it down a bit.  My resting heart rate for the last few morning at been 72, not much higher than my old "normal".  Blood sugars have been running much lower, had a 169 this morning, 149 yesterday morning, 116 mid day recently and I know it was low this evening before I ate.  I feel great, have energy and am past the terrible slump I was in for so many weeks, I'm grateful that I didn't get hit with a stroke during that time as I had no idea why I felt so terrible, just knew something was very wrong.

In life if we stop and try to think like God thinks for even a few minutes we become very aware that we do have a grace filled life.  We are comfortable, have safe cars, more than enough great food, safe water, excellent communication devices, have excellent medical care available, plenty of work and enough money to keep things going.  Most of all we have plenty of Grace from Jesus, grace to cover our tattered lives, grace and inspiration to do better, to care more, to resist anger.  We really have it made, Jesus wants it that way.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment