Thursday, October 18, 2012

Just another day

Good evening,

Rolled out this morning to a dark world, the redeeming feature is the warm shower and hitting the scales and seeing it read out less!

I worked for awhile and then went for breakfast, imagine my surprise when I discovered I had forgotten to put on the steel cut oats last night, bummer so I had Wheaties, toast, stripples and a banana.

I was in Rodeo at 10 to see an older home.  The agent turned out to be this very pleasant younger woman who was sharp, compassionate who has an 8 year old girl, one had only to watch her eyes when she talked of her little one to know where her heart is.  What a class act.  The house was so so but will appraiser OK.  This is an older section of town in the shadow of Highway 80 and the refineries.  Probably not a place where I'd want to live but a bargain for the buyers.

Upon leaving I ended up in the drive through of Starbucks where I had a decaf skinny mocha.  It was great and lasted almost until I reached Brentwood.  I got my car washed in Brentwood, had a burrito and was able to shake loose some comps from a track office, just the comps I needed to complete an outstanding appraisal.

Once I got home I went to work on a big one located in Tracy and about 5 pm it went out.  Steve had helped me with one and had emailed it to me, I went over to get the file and sat for a bit with him.  My neck and side of my head was hurting badly and of course I was thinking stroke.  Now hours later it is still hurting badly, hope sleep will solve it.

I'm thinking in about 3 weeks I might be able to have the cardioversion, where they shock my heart in an attempt to restore a normal rhythm.  I can only hope.  Today my cardiologist said I could walk and exercise as long as I did not go past 120 beats per minute so I'm going to dig out the heart monitor that I own and try to figure out how it works, then I can walk and monitor the bests keeping it under the limit.  probably won't be in spin class for a while.  Actually I went by today and put the club on hold for two months, the lady could not have been nicer, she has know about me as an appraiser for over 20 years and was also aware about Nan's struggle.

Its sort of uncanny how much people do observe even when you think you are invisible, just part of the crowd.

Well at this point I'm checking out and going to bed.

Sending a special hug to each of the kiddos and the big kids too.  you keep me going.

Tomorrow afternoon Jeanna, the girl who has lived next door for the entire 25 years I've lived here is getting married.  It will be fun to attend her service at 5 pm tomorrow afternoon.  What great neighbors Ken and LeAnn have been over the years.  They have helped out so many times in so many ways, just the kind of people you'd want living next door.

Love to all

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment