Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kaiser comes to the rescue

Good evening
This has been an interesting day.  I had a great night of rest and then rose to face the new day.  I took my blood pressure and found my resting heart rate ranging from 97 to 116.  After working in the office for a bit we drove to a local property located on the golf course.  It was beautiful with a direct setting on the 18th fairway.  Marilyn was nice enough to carry the ladder in so we could inspect the attic.  Once we were through we headed to Danville   I was met at the door by a lovely woman holding two CO detectors in her hands.  She asked, can you help by installing these.  I ended up helping her install the detectors and she was happy, so was I.

Once we were done in Danville we drove to Antioch, went to UNO's and had a salad for lunch.  It was great.  Then we drove to the hospital and I had increasing anxiety.  A lovely young lady took my vitals and found my resting rate ranged from 69 to 129.  Soon I met the cardiologist, a middle aged guy who knew his stuff.  Simply great care.

So now I'm on Coumadin for the rest of my life and after the trough rate is established in about 4 weeks they will put me in a hospital bed, sedate me and shock my heart in a special way.  They say that it will get my heart back on its regular rhythm and stay right afterwards.  So once the Coumadin kicks in and the blood thins I'll be on my way to being able to exercise again.

After picking up the meds we drove directly home to a cool home and some rest.  I've received messages from family and friends which are a huge boost to me.  I've felt pretty lost lately, no energy, sort of no hope, wondering if my next step would be my last.  Now at least there is a plan and I'm committed to doing my best to change the course of my life.

So I'm resting easy and will be hard at work tomorrow but with breaks to cool down the stress.

Love to all

Tim



No comments:

Post a Comment