Sunday, October 28, 2012

On such a roll

Good evening,
I was humbled to discover at the reunion that there are some kind friends who read the blog nearly every day, I then think over how many days I've written a terse and discouraged message.  While it was my reality at the time it saddens me that was all I could think to share.

In fact it has been a rather bleak couple of months in some ways but one starts to think in terms of things to be thankful for, well there have been so many, the big ones I'm heading in a new direction health wise and habit wise.  Take today for instance.  I've been confined to these 4 walls all day on purpose.  I had things to accomplish, lots of them, I wanted to apply to a new manamgement company, they have been bugging me to apply as they want to have me do work for them, now is that a bad thing?  Well I remember a time a year ago I would have jumped through hoops to get work so I took time to fill out all the pages and scan them, then email the pdf with samples of my recent work.  Another company wants to pay me directly into my checking account so I took time to deal with that, there were orders to set up, many orders.  I logged 451 today for the year, many more than the 325 I had to do all last year.  installed an update on the lower office computer that had been waiting in the wings for months, it works better now.  On a personal level I did three loads of wash and got to use that blessing of a new dryer, what a machine.  I also learned how to use my new rice cooker / vege steamer and for the first time ever I steamed some carrots and asparagus and then since I was on such a roll I made bread, first time in a long time but the resulting loaf is so tiny and dense, yet very delicious and the house smells so glorious.

This afternoon Art and Connie surprised me with a short visit, it was great to see them.  I've been texting special friends, emailing reports out and just now made some appointments for the week.  It has been an incredible day with so much accomplished, little things and big things.  Yet I've not blown the day food wise.  My indulgence was a slice of the new bread with peanut butter, talk about good.

I'm thinking in the back of my mind about step brother Tim and wondering where he stands tonight.  There was some talk of turning off the support system today or tomorrow, this is all so shocking and fast.  Not more than a week ago he was calling me to encourage me to take care of the blood sugars and diabetes in his own special caring way, now we are losing him, just unbelievable.  Oh this life is so fleeting, yet we feel like it could never happen to use, we are somehow different, well this A-Fib has certainly got my attention, it can happen to us, not just to the other person.

Right now I'm sipping herbal tea, I started thinking a mocha would be nice but the tea has nothing to jam up the blood sugar and its warm and tastes good too.  Nan left a huge box of teas of every description, it was supposed to be a bread box so I've no shortage of tea.

Well tomorrow starts bright and early, in Rio Vista at 9, then on to El Cerrito and then shoot comps for a few appraisals, then come home to start writing them up.

Thank you for your prayers and I've not felt this good in spite of the A-Fib for a very long time.

There are many things to be thankful for.  I was just reading in the Andrews University Magazine that comes once in awhile.  It is a well written missive and one of the teachers was talking about telling his students how lucky they were to be able to be in University as the majority of the worlds young people their age are hoping for a meal, or struggling with poverty while the students in the class were well fed, comfortable and free to learn new things about life and their world.  What an opportunity we have in just education alone.

So in a grateful mood I bid you all good night.  I'm still remembering faces that I met last night for the first time in a long time, it was incredible, so long and some of them looked exactly like they did many years ago.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment