Wednesday, January 8, 2014

3 mile walk

Sometimes you just have to do things, this morning from the moment I woke I knew I needed to walk.  Not swamped with work, have the time, have the desire, have the gloves and warm hat.  Pooka ready to go.

So we set out in the cold and walked the 3 miles at a rapid clip.  Sure it seems like you are never going to make it round but before long the end is in sight and then it feels like you've done something right.

Once home I decided to bring in some loads of wood and did so.  The fire which I had lit earlier had lifted the temperature from 61 to 69 and the fire burned brightly.

I showered and was ready for the day.  On the breakfast menu was oatmeal, skinny toast (45 calories per slice) and a banana.  Then I settled in to work and did so until 1:15 when I picked up the girls.  After a quick McDonalds snack the girls settled into doing homework, munching popcorn and watching some TV.  I continued to work trying to get a place in Hayward completed and submitted.

At 4:05 we left only to find the main Highway 4 blocked by police,  Nikki and I talked, she was blocked on the other side so after  some minutes we met at a mutual point on the detour route.  I went on to my appointment in Oakley and she worked her way back home.  What was the cause?  Some nitwit 16 year old in his new Challenger burned out at the stop light by the Safeway Fuel Station, lost total control and rammed a power pole.  Would you believe the roads are still shut down now as first they needed to figure out whose pole it was, PG&E or AT&T.  After a couple hours the AT&T crew got there but for some reason the roads are still closed now at 8 pm.  I know because I just had to figure out a way to get through the maze.

After the appointment in Oakley, a cute little town located north of Brentwood I decided to have dinner at Carpaccio Ristorante Italiano.  At first I was nearly the only person in this elegant place but eventually others came in for dinner.  My food could not have been better from the bread to the salad and then the main course, a pasta with steamed veggies, a super sauce.  And of course a nice desert.  I've included photos so you can know I did not suffer this evening.  Every bite was outstanding.  Great way to diet!

So good.

Desert

The new fountain outside.
Life is tough.
 
 
Love
 
 
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment