Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Interesting days

Dear Family and Friends,

Another winter day that seemed more like late spring.  When I got up and took Pooka to the park it was about 34 degrees but felt great with the sunshine and gentle breezes.  There were lots of people out and about and some little dogs too.

I worked in for hours and then had a call back from Dr. Hanna, my cardiologist who suggested he would like another EKG.  I've not heard back yet the results.  He tweaked my meds to meet my needs better, the low resting heart rate at 52 is really borderline too low.  While I was at Kaiser I went ahead and picked up supplies, new needles for the insulin pens I use, more test strips for blood tests etc.

By the way the blood numbers have been nothing short of great, so much better than they have been when I ate all night and went to bed bloated with food.  Now I sleep restfully and I'm ready for Oatmeal in the morning when I get up along with a single piece of toast and a piece of fruit.  Great breakfast.

For lunch today picking up on Jason's idea of the meal he made me after the hospital I took one of my high fiber tortilla's and warmed it in a pan with non fat cheese inside.  Then I filled it with ripe tomatoes, what a great meal.  For dinner tonight as I was on the road I just ate a snack bar with 160 calories and drank water.  As of this morning I had dropped 6 pounds moving down below the 220s for the first time in many months.  Eventually I'll be able to tell you more about the motivation for these changes but lets just say for now its all good.

This evening at 5:30 I inspected a townhome in Hayward, so cute, nice granite kitchen, hardwood floors, updated baths and the young people who owned it had a new puppy, what a nice way to end the work day.

Well that's about it for tonight.  Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment