Thursday, January 23, 2014

A day of sadness and remembering

So this was Nan's birthday so long ago.  I remember we always tried to do something special and she usually had a bunch of ideas.  The last few years I made sure we had a party each year where friends and family could come celebrate with her and she really loved the time together.  I'm very glad we did that for her.

Today for me was interesting, a friend who is in the mortgage business and who used to give me tons of work but can't anymore due to the government laws now called today to say she had one to order so I did a driveby appraisal for her and got it to her by noon today.  It was fun to see a place locally and get it done so quickly afterwards.

At 9:30 today I went over to Rick and Roxanna's new home they just purchased here in Discovery Bay.  It is a fixer and very out of date so they are starting the process of fixing it up.  It was great to see them and Jody and Wayne, their kids.  Its a new start for them as Rick just sold the company and is retired now, a new experience for him after all these years.  He is still in the early stages of adjusting and its tough to work through.

I went ahead today and wrote two more reports and fixed others as well.  Steve came with firewood this afternoon and we got it to the back deck, the wheel barrow is filled with it, makes great fires.

This has been a challenging day for personal reasons and my inspiration my be flickering away.  Some things are a great challenge than we know when we get into them and only time will work things out I guess.

Pooka and I went to the park today and took an extra circle around trying to get a few more exercise minutes in.  She certainly did not mind, she loves to go walk and smell every scent as she walks.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment