Thursday, January 2, 2014

Keeping it warm

For those of us living in California we never really get hit with the weather like the east coast.  When I texted Marilyn earlier this evening it was already 9 degrees and the wind was increasing, the snow was blowing and they were in for a blizzard.  Now it is true that my house was 59 this morning when I came down but after an hour of a busy fire it was up to 70.  Kallie was coming to visit as Steve had some errands to run.

She arrived and it was warm and she read books, she enjoyed some snacks and watched TV on my phone and soon her Daddy came to pick her up.  It is really fun to have kiddos visit.  It gave me a reason to get up and get the house warm.

Today I worked in on getting conditions and appraisals shipped out.  The mails were good and some money came so just before 4 I made a deposit.  Then I drove to Brentwood for a hair cut, it was time, then it was onto the health club for a session in which we learned some basic exercises to do on a regular basis.  They are great and it was nice to be in the club enjoying my investment again.

After the workout I met Lois who was hungry so we ate at Subway.  Was it just the timing or what, the food tasted so good.  Ray is gone to San Jose to work on pools so its nice for Lois to get out and get some air.

This evening since I've come home I've been working on conditions, little things that underwriters have found that need explaining or correcting.  I have one right now, a condo located in Mountain House, clearly in the middle of Mountain House, a nearly new community.  Problem is the Post Office lists the address for this Mountain House condo as being in Tracy.  It is not, MLS and the agents know it is not in Tracy,  but the underwriter wanted me to change the town to Tracy.  Well I could not do so since that would be hugely misleading.  It is NOT located in Tracy.  So we are at a stand off right now.  Someone just wants the problem to go away so they tell me to change it to Tracy no matter what the truth is.  I won't do it because I know its wrong.  Will be interesting to see the outcome.

So while the east coast is pummeled by a big storm we suffer from 70 degree days.  Its rough to take.

Well its bed time, I'm going to bed on time tonight, tired of being tired.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment