Monday, January 20, 2014

A Good Day

This evening my body is winding down after a very long and successful day.

After a cold walk at 34 degrees and a hot shower I had my usual Oatmeal breakfast, felt fortified and left for Martinez.  I found a cute little house, a nice young couple with a husband who is a general contractor so the house was very fixed up, still old but nice.  A little 2 year old shy girl finally was saying good bye to me when I left and the baby slept on.  Mom was French and dad was Italian so the house was interesting.

Once that one was put away I turned to Oakland never knowing what going there will bring.  Today the home was up the hill a bit and nice though very old.  The people were just great, the mom works from home selling furniture and was busy the entire time I was there answering people's questions and helping them order bar stools, tables etc.  The property had a lot going for it and the comps will be helpful I think.  I found a Burger King and did something I have long contemplated.  I did the vege burger meal, a side salad with some low fat dressing and I threw the buns away and just ate the burger and the tomatoes with the lettuce.  It worked out perfectly, low calorie, lots of protein and a salad.  One more demon put away, that one can't eat out without pigging out.  I hope to be 214 in the morning and I'm so looking forward to being down to 200 and in size 36 pants soon.  Already the shirts fit easily and the belt is a couple more notches tighter now.  I have a hard time staying asleep and even without the long acting insulin the morning numbers have been pretty good.  I am on such a roll and there may come a day when I can fully explain why but lets just say I like this new approach to life with lots of water, salads, protein bars instead of dinner tonight, I just realized that, wow no wonder my gut is growling.  If things get to bad I'll have a cutie, the little orange which seems to settle things down but I'd rather not.

After Oakland I was Antioch bound, took it slow since I was well ahead of schedule.  I arrived early but the sellers were in residence and didn't mind at all.  The place was beautiful, huge pool and 10 person spa, all in perfect condition.  The interior of the home was unusually attractive and well maintained.  Nice to see such a property.

After finishing work I went back to Costco and found dog food for Pooka, brown eggs to boil, sweetener for the decaf coffee and the morning Oatmeal.  I also found some chips they were hyping as I walked in that are pretty full of fiber and have very few carbs, sound good, are vegan and actually taste good too.  I got the sea salt version.  Then it was get home, unload the car before I forgot to do so and then start working.  I've been working on a ranchette with an acre up in Oakley.  The guy is doing the work himself.  Bought the house out of foreclosure and is making it a new home and doing such a super job of it.

Well I'm close to going to sleep.  Have a Brentwood home to see at 9 in the morning, a big one that will take a bit to measure.

I love having work and I'm able to focus on work in a way that is new for me, I have energy and the heart is behaving well even when I carried in the dog food or the ladder today, I do have some heart sensations which are new, not sure what I should do about them.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment