Saturday, January 25, 2014

Good bye Lloyd White

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a day to remember for me.  Up at 7 this morning bursting with energy I summoned Pooka and we walked around the lake but first I drank my bottle of water and stuck myself for the sugar level in my blood.  It was low, 129 which for me is very very good.  Then with enough time to spare we walked around the lake, about 3 miles and did it without feeling faint or tired.  There was a time a few weeks ago that a walk around the lake was a very big deal, no more.

Once we were back and after a hot shower I did the big event, I stepped on the scales.  Wow it said I was down 15.5 pounds so far, now that is great news and I'm well on my way to the 200 mark, something I've longed for for a very long time.  I can see it happening in the next two to three weeks and I plan to have a celebration when it happens, just not by eating. 

Since the girls were with their parents this morning I went to the worship hour.  The pastor was sharp as usual and the message was just right for me.  I had the chance to sit with the Ahns in the back row, church was that full, it was fun to sing the hymns and be a part of the worship hour.  Once church was over there was a potluck but the Better Living Center was so filled with wonderful people that I skipped out, went to Safeway, had a rye with cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwich and water.  Then I came back and napped in the shade by the church until it was time for the memorial service.

The service was handled so well with Dr. George having the first remarks and they were spot on perfect.  The pastor led out in the service with plenty of help from family and friends.  A powerpoint presentation showed photos of the White family from early days till the present.  It started with Lloyd doing a solo and that great bass voice filled the church once more.  I was very surprised to suddenly hear my name spoken, something I had written about losing Lloyd the other day had been given to the pastor and she read it, it brought me to tears to have it read and to hear the words out loud.  I was humbled by the reading.  A very special part of the service was having Dolly drive over from Napa.  Dolly and Howard taught us the appraisal business years ago and I've stayed friends with Dolly ever since.  This is one of the most respected women I know, she is deep, faithful and can pray in such a way that you know she is a frequent visitor to the courts of heaven.  So we sat together and sang the hymns together and it helped the service be even more special.

After the service I got to speak to many of my friends from the Adoration Singers who had gathered to attend the service.  Then it was race back to Discovery Bay to pick up the girls and take Keanna to an all night birthday party and Kallie to my house for the night.  They filled the car with their things and it was fun to deliver Keanna to her party.  Kallie and I came home and she unloaded her things and is all set to sleep in the pink room tonight.  Soon discovering that we were both hungry I suggested we go to UNO's but Kallie said lets go to the new Round Table Pizza right here in Discovery Bay.  Well we did but so did most everyone else in town.  Our mini cheese pizza for Kallie took 1 hour and 10 minutes.  Meanwhile I had the salad bar and enjoyed it a lot.

When we got home I built a fire to take the chill off and Kallie is watching Netflix children's programming.  Soon she will head to bed and not long after I'll head that way myself.  Its been a good day and I'm thankful to be alive to experience the things that took place today.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment