Saturday, January 11, 2014

An incredible day

Good evening,

Sabbath is an interesting concept and reality in my life.  Got to say I certainly see the Sabbath hours differently now than the way I was raised.  I would say that the hours are much happier now and tend to create less guilt than in my early years.

This morning I actually woke before 5, my body is still adjusting to the fact that I no longer eat all evening, for some very important reasons I really want to get my life in order and eating all evening is just stupid, I know better, I'm not hungry its just a bad habit that I've slipped into over the years.  Well now for 4 nights in a row I've not eaten anything after dinner.  And it is starting to take hold.  However my body is wondering why it is not filled to the brim with food so this morning at 5 I was actually feeling hungry and it woke me.  I'm pretty sensitive to waking up after the other night when I woke feeling so strange.  So I checked the heart rate and it was 52 so that was OK.  I stayed in bed until nearly 7 and slept most of the time, the sleepless night in ER did not help the rhythm either.

Pooka and I headed out for our walk to the park, I've not felt up to taking the long walk yet due to the heart situation.  It was cool, lots of people and dogs were out and it was a nice exercise.  Heat rate was 66 when I got back home.

I picked up the girls for Sabbath School and we arrived on time, nice for a change.  Kim was in charge of the Sabbath School class where Kallie is and sure has her hands full with the interesting behaviors of our kids.  The story is Noah and the flood so there are lots of interesting songs and activities to do plus the wonderful snacks afterwards.  Today Kim had some vegan cookies that were great.

After Sabbath School I had a chance to catch up with Dr. George and he told me his resting heart rate is normally 45, that was encouraging news because since the new meds are added I'm right about 52 to 53 and it seemed pretty low.  Yet I do not have dizzy spells when I get up or move about so I think I'm getting enough blood to the right places.

Keanna came in with two hot chocolates that she had made.  She can't have any due to allergies but she makes them for Kallie and me.  Nice gesture indeed.

The girls could not agree on lunch so we first drove to Sonic where Keanna ordered her meal, then to Burger King where Kallie and I ordered our meals.  Eventually we made it home where I turned the little angels over to their mom who I'm sure had things they needed to do this afternoon.

I had a restful afternoon and ended up having dinner with a special friend I've met.  It was a perfect way to bring the day to a close.

Tomorrow Kallie and I go to the Tracy SDA School gym for a nice birthday party for one of the little ones from Sabbath School.  Turning 4 is a very big deal and we will have fun.

I'm feeling pretty well, I have no evidence that the heart flutter has returned and now I have an app on my IPHONE that lets me quickly check the heart rate in just a few seconds.  That is nice so when I have any doubts I can take it and look at the rhythm is displays and can quickly see if the heart waves are the same or not.  So far they have been uniform, good news.  I'm still very leery about the whole heart problem so I'm more careful than usual.

Well its getting late and time to sign off,

love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment