Friday, January 10, 2014

Interesting week

Good evening,

Finally this week winds down.  While there has not been a lot of work I've managed to conduct some business.  I lose Thursday due to being in the hospital.  As a follow up to that I went to Kaiser today mid day and had a follow up EKG.  Another $45 fee, boy that makes my heart surge!  But after the 2 minute process the tech told me that there was no sign of any Afib, that the heart pattern was totally normal, then a cardiologist came as a favor and confirmed that there is not problem with the hearts pattern and he said I would not need to have a follow up EKG tomorrow.  Good thing since there is no place in the facility that is open tomorrow to do one other than the hospital or ER.

This morning my resting heart rate was 52 and after a walk to the park with Pooka it was 62.  That is way too low but right now I guess they are just trying to get the heart rate down and they have succeeded very well.  This morning I tried to make the heart monitor function before I went to the park.  I was unsuccessful in making it work so I decided that it needed a new battery.  I doubt that was true.  Ray and eventually Lois tried to help make it work but we were not able to achieve that goal.

Later, after going to the hospital for the EKG I went to Staple and got a new battery but still no luck.  So when I go up to bed I'm going to try to read up on the instructions to see what I'm doing wrong.  I think it is only set to read above 103 heart rate and of course at 52 or 62 it won't read.  So its a matter of figuring it out.

This evening I had dinner at Subway and it was so tasty, they even had a little bit of soup left.

In the morning I'm bringing the girls to Sabbath School in Tracy and then I suppose we might do lunch, depends on what their plans are for the rest of the day.  Keanna is enjoying her new musical theater class and the girls are signing up tomorrow for their next swimming sessions.  None of this comes cheap but what a well rounded experience they are getting as they grow up.

Well good night one and all,

At this point there is no evidence that my heart has returned to its irregular heart beat and I hope the good news holds.  Yes I do have some reservations and concerns but I plan to move forward and dump weight.  This is the second night that I've not had anything to eat after dinner, for me that is a huge step forward, I appreciate the encouragement I've received from the family.  If I could get down to 200 everything would be better, much better for my poor body and might even perk up the social life too.

Love to each of you,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment