Friday, January 24, 2014

So it ends once again and we rest

How do you know what God wants?  Its not always crystal clear is it!  Sometimes we know without asking since we know quite a bit about God and what He stands for, pure love, honesty, caring, kindness but how that applies in the many situations of life is a little less clear.

We did our routine today, Pooka and me, to the park and an extra circle of the park, then home to build a little fire and unthaw the room.  A hot shower always helps and then it was time to weigh but today did not result in more weight loss.  I've stayed put at my 14 pounds down and I'm not complaining.

So I wrote reports as fast as I could today and then picked up the kiddos at 3:30.  At 4:45 I took them home to their loving parents.  Then it was on to see a local place that came in today, why the rush because it was COD and I wanted the money in the bank before the weekend and it all worked out.  What a horrible property, gray water was running out of both of the little houses on the property, they looked like they should be torn down, they were bad yet they have renters in them, renters who refuse to pay any rent so they are about to be evicted, the process takes 3 months which is a bummer for the owner.

Nikki called to ask if I wanted to eat with her at Red Robin, that is a big step as I've not been eating at high calorie places in the past two weeks.  I said yes and had a wrap, lettuce surrounding the vegeburger  and a side salad.  It was really great and I felt I did not blow what I'm working towards by going.  Had two big glasses of water.  When one tries to think of healthy ways they can be found.  I had to pick up a few things, bananas, tomatoes, oatmeal and a good quality double fiber bread.  Felt good to shop smart instead of letting hunger guide.  Also found the fruit bars that the kids enjoy and of course I was out of them.

Right now I'm sipping sleepy time tea, no calories but just warm pleasure.

I guess the girls will not be coming with me to Sabbath School in the morning so that sort of frees me to attend church which I think I'll do.  After this week of ups and downs I think a strong dose of church would be good medicine.

Friend Lloyd White is being remembered in the afternoon at 2 with a memorial service.  I am just starting to get my mind around the fact that he is gone.  He was a guy that was always pleasant, helpful and super talented with the best bass voice I've heard in a very long time.  He will always be missed.

Then I'll drive back to take the girls under my wing, deliver Keanna at 4 to a slumber party and then Kallie and I are on our own for the rest of the day.  Nikki and Steve are getting away to a special sports event that involves motorcycles, they try to do it every year and I'm glad they are getting away to enjoy something else than the usual.

So soon I'll head to bed, had a lousy night last night with some personal stuff causing some wakeful times during the night but God blessed with peace and gave me the rest I needed.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment