Saturday, January 15, 2011

At MBA again

Dear Family and Friends,
I've just back into the motorhome after walking Starr.  Outside the night was pleasant with a glorious sky filled with stars and the moon while in the distance breakers were crashing on the sandy shore.  It is a beautiful night and I feel the peace surrounding this place.

First came the walk this morning in the damp foggy air and then a lovely warm shower.  From there the day took a dip, when I arrived to pick up the kiddos the orange fuel light had come on in the bug so I was caught in a quandary, do I chance it to drive to Tracy and arrive on time to Sabbath School or do I do the prudent thing and go buy fuel.  Turned out the question was to be answered in another way.  As I opened the door for Kallie to get into the back seat I discovered that her safety seat was not there, it was in the van at home in the garage.  And as I loaded the girls up I managed to overlook the diaper bag Nikki had placed in my way before leaving.  So it was back to the house to pick up the van.  Then we drove to Tracy using the back roads and arrived nearly 25 minutes late.  It was when I was unloading Kallie that I discovered the missing diaper bag.  I prayed that she would not need one until I got her back home.

We hurried into the church and the girls found their respective rooms.  Kallie had a great time with Kim leading out.  She really loves the program, the activities and the snacks at the end.  Keanna was creating things under Pat's direction and had fun.

We left after the program was over and drove to McDonalds where happy meals filled the empty stomachs as we drove back home.  Kallie had not needed a diaper change and I was able to deliver the girls safe and sound in time for the party they were attending this afternoon.

I then drove back home and began to load up the motorhome.  That only took a little bit and I was able to begin the journey to Jason and Jo's home.  As I drove into the driveway Timothy appeared on the porch and smiled from ear to ear.  He came down and hung out in the motorhome for a bit, gave Starr and treat and glanced through my new Car and Driver magazine.

Soon we were inside and greeting Mia who has grown so much.  What a precious little tyke.  Timothy and i played cars and I was able to read a couple books.  All of us were pretty sleepy so now the four of them are all sleeping and I'm about to head to bed once I finish this blog entry.

All of us who are fortunate enough to have families and loved ones know on a deep level just how special it is to be able to spend time observing, chatting, eating and enjoying the fruits of relationships.  There is nothing I would rather do than be with my family.  And due to being married so many years to Nan I feel very close to all her family as well.  People caring about people, God's great gift to us all.

Love to each and every one of you,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment