Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spin class

Good Evening,
I'm back in my semi comfortable office chair after enduring spin class tonight.  While I had some doubts as to whether I should even go or not I decided to take a chance on exercise and go.  Kim was in her usual mood, urging each of us to do our best and pushing onward and upward.  The music is so loud while the AC is blowing about 55 degrees yet it all seems to make sense when you are in the middle of it.  I've lost my headbands which I need to find as they keep some of the water out of my face as the workout intensifies.  Otherwise you just swipe your face and head with a towel once in awhile.
The class unfolds like this, you sign in at the main desk just after entering and running your token over a laser beam.  You select which bike you want and take a card that shows you are on that bike.  I try to select a bike at the rear of the room and in a corner so I'm exposed to the curious younger generation which makes up the riding population.  I've arrived with my bike shorts already on and a bottle of water in hand.  Then there is the long walk through various exercise areas and up the stairs to the second story room.  You walk in, find your bike, try to get the seat the right height, the seat the right angle and then you try to get your shoes into the stirrups attached to the pedals.  Once you mount up you never stop the motion for the next 40 minutes.  Once the starting time is reached she starts yelling out orders, turn up the tension knob.  It makes the pedaling harder or easier.  Then she has you come out of your seat and ride standing up, then leaning forward, she calls it butt out and then you go back to sitting again all the while riding as fast as you can.  Various versions of what I just described fill the next 40 minutes.  Part of the time we are "climbing a mountain" so the tension has to be turned up further making each cycle of the pedals more difficult, then you race down the mountain with less tension and whirling as fast as you can.  Because the bike has a huge flywheel you don't just stop pedaling ever, you would be thrown to the floor by the forces.
Eventually you get to stop, stretch, get off the bike and stretch some more and then you are released to attempt to walk the distance back to your car.  When we all leave we look like refugees, shirts soaked, faces flushed and red, stumbling gait and then there is the stairs back down and finally the car with its soft seats.
Yet the workout results in a real wake up call to your whole body.  The blood flows freely for 40 minutes and you know you've accomplished something good.
This morning I inspected a home which was just purchased in September.  It is amazingly beautiful and has a huge 15,000 sf lot.  They are trying for a better interest rate and it was a pleasure to inspect the property.
I picked up Keanna as today is Wednesday and then we did McDs and Strawhat.  I just had a salad as the numbers for pizza are just too high, pizza is loaded with fat and calories.
Keanna had her homework done before we left Strawhat and so she was free to do her computer play and watch some Disney Channel programs this afternoon.  I had a nice fire going and it was a nice afternoon.
Now it is evening and I'm about to wind it down for the day.  I'm really praying for work as I've had one order in the last week now and I inspected it today.  Published reports say that refi starts are down 75% over October and I can believe it.  There is almost nothing going on out there right now.
Although symbolic there was a vote taken today reversing the horrible health care bill that was crammed down our throats last year.  There seems to be a disconnect between Washington passing bills, spending bucks and the reality that someone has to pay for all this waste.  One usually spends money after it has come in but instead the tax bite for the "rich", successful working people grows larger, the number of people paying no taxes at all has increased and the destructive spending seems to have no end.  Everywhere I go people are outraged at Washington and their anger is growing in intensity as time passes.
Someone I met on Eharmony said they hoped their future mate would have a passing understanding of national events.  How could one not be interested when it touches our lives so directly.  I'll have to say that so far our new governor seems to be taking no prisoners, I think he feels he has nothing to lose by making the hard decisions so he is making them.  If he can stand up to the unions, to the pensions we just might survive in this poor state.  Otherwise we are on a path to nowhere.  Nearly every day I see homes where people are leaving the state, most are moving to Texas where growth has continued unabated through the last few years.  Austin is doing great and wise people are making the move to where the jobs are.  One can't blame them at all.
Today an email arrived from my rep at PNC bank, the bank that holds the loan for my home.  In the email she said that she had submitted new paperwork to the investors and hoped to hear back by the end of next week.  I hope, I pray that there will be some good news and I can resume my life.

Good night family and friends,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment