Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sylvia, the organizer

Dear Family and Friends

So here it is late again and I'm still up.  I need the whole house on a timer and at 9 pm it just turns off.  But until that I'll just have to figure out how to start new habits that are more healthy.

Ken and trudged around the lake this morning in the cold, chilly wind.  Then I set to work knowing Sylvia was coming.  Having a guest you respect really is a good motivation to tidy up a bit.  First the tree went to the back deck, then the floor was swept and the recliner restored to its rightful place.  I miss the tree mostly because it was decorated by the girls and Nikki.  It was festive and cheery.

Once Sylvia arrived I had completed an appraisal and shipped it out.  Then whirlwind Sylvia arrived with bags of goodies, plans and energy of a teenager.  She taught me how to make the vegetable soup I've been planning on making and it turned out so good.  I was amazed as she just kept pouring in spices from little bottles I had unopened.  I have soup for several days on hand now.  Yea!

We discussed what actually happens in my business file wise and then she made suggestions and we threw away piles of old dusty papers and unused stuff.  She is pretty good at throwing away stuff.  Then she sat to work creating boxes to hold files and devised a system to keep them in order once I get caught up with the loose files.

Finally at 5:30 she cashed it in and drove away.  She did a whole lot of good in her time here.  She always does.  I feel like I'm a native in some backwards village and she the missionary comes to visit and introduces me to all the modern ways.

How encouraging to be on the receiving end of this kind of loving help.  She truly is amazing.

So now its time to close the book on this day and move to the next one.  Our weather was lousy today with wind, rain, cold and gloom everywhere, but inside we had a happy day.

So good night my family and friends,

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment