Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Did I forget something............

Dear Attentive Readers,
It appears as if I happened to forget something last night, like writing the blog.  This might not be a good sign of my mental state.  While I was soaking away in the jetted tub all thoughts of writing the nightly episode slipped from my mind and I kept wondering why I was in bed so early.  Well now we know.

Today has been uneventful other than its just way too cold.  I know there are many other colder placer but this is California and to be cold day and night gets old fast.  I will tell you this that having a fire sure helps, its a place to put wet things to dry, to back up to to warm up and to find the animals who know where to get warm.  I took out a pile of ashes yesterday as it had been days since the fire had really been out.

This afternoon having seen the IPHONE warning about upcoming rain I decided that when I completed a report I would head out and move wood.  Would you believe that as I walked out of the garage the rain started.  Lousy timing for sure.  I started moving loads of wood to the pile but by now the pile is so high that is probably is dangerous, it could easily fall down.  I stopped to search for the new tarp I know I own but was unable to locate it in the maze I call a garage.  But I did find what Nan and I called Puppy Pads, that is huge pads with a waterproof side and the other side is absorbing material.  The pack has been here since Nan needed them for the bed under various medical devices that tended to leak at times.  So I opened the package and placed them end to end on the stacked wood pile to keep the rain off.  Then I drove to town to get a real tarp so I'm ready if it starts to rain a lot.

Wanting to fill the wood holder on the back deck by the family room door I discovered that if I filled the cart about half full I could get it up over two sets of steps and to the right place on the back deck.  Now that device is filled with wood, the stack is very high and I still have more wood to find a place for, meanwhile it is covered with vinyl table clothes I found that used to live in the motor home.  Sometimes inventions happen through need.  The wood pile in the driveway looks real festive now.

In a few minutes I'll go have pizza with Ray and Lois, tonight I think that will be more fun than another depressing weigh in at Weight Watchers.  I'm not quite ready to get fully back on the wagon.  However for lunch today I discovered some frozen vege chicken pieces and decided to give them a try.  First you brown both sides of the large chicken piece and then you add water, cover and cook on low for a few minutes.  I mixed it with brown rice and it was very good.  I topped the meal off with some Concord grapes.  So excellent.

More orders came in today for which I am very thankful.  I'll see one at 9 in the morning and then see another one on the way back to pick up Keanna at school.  Is it Wednesday all ready?  Hard to believe.

I've included a photo of the wood pile taken just now from over the fence.  It gives you an idea of just how much wood a cord is.  Jerry told me the dimensions but I can't remember.  It is a whole lot of wood so right now I keep a fire going with no concerns about running out again this year.

There is so much to be thankful for and in spite of many uncertainties life is still good.

Love to all,

Tim
ps Same workout as the club but with fresh air thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment