Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Girls go to Sabbath School

Dear Family and Friends,

As I write this evening I'm relaxing with Starr beside me, a very hot fire burning attempting to hold off the falling temperature outside and a past episode of  The Closer on the screen.  Earlier this evening having napped and relaxed this afternoon I ventured outside, located the big vinyl wheel barrow and started in on the cord of walnut wood.  I can now confirm that Oak is a very heavy wood and moving it is much like an evening spent in the gym.  What a rush to haul load after load of firewood from the driveway to its proper location along the eastern fence line where I store my firewood.  I think I have over half of the wood pile moved but I ran out of steam as muscles gradually began to scream and complain.  Gradually it did not feel so chilly outside at all as the sweat formed and then made little rivers down my chest and back.

It has been said that a good stack of wood heats twice, once when you are moving it and a second time when it is burning in the stove.  It is true what they say.

This morning I was able to watch as the VCR came to life at 8 to record a special program on the Hope church channel for Sylvia.  This afternoon I checked the tape and it did record the correct program and it appears to be all in order.  Now I can retain some of the good programs that come on the Christian dish.  I just wish there was a program guide for the system but of course there is not, just too many channels from too many different sources to form a guide.

I was especially interested in programing that came on this afternoon while I was napping.  It was a whole afternoon from Australia with excellent music, very upbeat and nicely done.  Not something I would expect from Australia but then what do I know about church life down under.

This morning I collected the girls into the van at 9.  They came bounding out of the house happy and dressed so cutely.  Keanna read her bible the whole way to church and Kallie kept up a running commentary on whatever came to her mind.  In Sabbath School Kallie took part in many different things Kim had planned.  It was a great program and I so admire Kim for doing this week after week.  This quarter the program is about the boy Jesus and the various activities are ones that really appealed to Kallie.  From lying on the floor with her little mat to putting red lips on the felt board, sharing stick horses and eating snacks it was a fun filled half hour.

We took our chances on Olive Garden and the girls found enough to eat and we had a good time.  Kallie gifted me with a diaper after the meal that reminded me of why parents should be admired, they put up with that stuff all the time, wow.

I wrote to several EHarmony contacts this afternoon, at this point I'm enjoying sharing friendships with several people and learning a lot about the human experience for folks my age who are trying to get back into the game again.  It is not easy.

Ken says we walk at 8 in the morning.  My phone tells me its going to be 29 degrees tonight.  Due to the hard working fire I'm cozy and comfortable right now.  Oak wood puts out heat like you would not believe, I even have the ceiling fan on in the winter direction to spread the heat around.  I'm about to take a stab at making vegetable soup.  Sylvia has helped with the various steps and I think I have the stuff to make it happen so the next step is to just get ready and do it.  I hate to fail so I hope it turns out well.


Good night to each of you faithful readers.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment