Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Winter Chill

Dear Ones,
Tonight marks the ending of one of the least productive days work wise I've ever had.  Frankly I've done NO work all day.  I've taken naps with Starr under the little Alaska blanket on the love seat several times, I've had numerous mocha drinks and this morning I started with a cup of decaf Kona blend that ended up tasting pretty good.
Mid morning I ventured out into a rainy and windy morning to drive to Modesto where I brunched with my friend Sharon.  It was a perfect encounter, the food was perfect, Sharon was in a great mood fresh from a day of painting as she transfers her new home from bland to spectacular.  At the moment she has 5 different colors painted on her walls as she tries to decide which is just the right color.  Sharon is a very pleasant soft spoken lady who I grown to know through EHarmony.  She works long hours as a part of a GI team at a Modesto hospital and is often on call in addition to her normal hours.  I really enjoyed our time spent in sharing what is happening in each of our lives.  I was able to show her photos of the kiddos and even snapped one of her in the process.
Once I arrived back home I was tired so found more time to nap and enjoy the warmth of the ever glowing fire.  Early evening I made some open faced cheese sandwich's which I decorated with small cherry tomatoes cut in half.  At Food Max I was able to buy a whole little basket of these delicious tomatoes for $1.00.  What a treat for the middle of the winter.  There is something very unfortunate happening outside.  My precious wood pile is just about depleted.  Keeping a fire going takes it toll on the wood stack so tomorrow I'll start to search for a new source of more wood.
You know in some ways I find life so confusing right now.  Of course there are mixed emotions swirling around the Christmas and New Years holidays with family so precious and alone time to tedious.  I've never been very good about satisfying myself with my labors, I enjoy feed back, ideas, challenges but I'm not good at creating my own scenarios from which I can derive pleasure.  I don't like going solo and as I remember back I came to the point where I enjoyed doing duets more than doing solos.  There is something so special about blending two human minds, ideas, emotions into one outcome.  It is richer, more melody filled, more far reaching than a solo.
Do you like to go it alone? Or do you prefer to join hearts and hands together?

There is something so special about two people living their own lives to the fullest yet under one roof where at times they can do joint ventures.  I'm thinking that the world I grew up in where the man was the final authority figure and tended to be the boss never really worked that well for women usually are the ones that really make good thing happen, they tend to have the wisdom and ability to come to important decisions more quickly than men, yet we need each other.

Well my family and friends, its time to move on with this non productive day.  I have a fire to watch and some sugarless cookies that need attention!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment