Monday, January 24, 2011

Long day

Finally I got to help someone.  Mid morning Pam made contact and let me know my help would be appreciated.  She has recently moved to a new position with a school district near Hollister, has rented a nice home there and needed to move the bulk of her worldly possessions from Lodi.  She had already made several trips moving important items but there was lots more to do so I joined the happy band of workers, Terry, her cousin from Wales who is here for a few months to visit and Shawn from Lodi.  They already had the job well along when I joined the group.  Pam has many plastic boxes, I mean many of them and we loaded them up with the things that were left in the various rooms of the house.

Our goal was to leave Lodi for Hollister by 3 and we ended up leaving around 7.  I had my van which we filled with delicate things like wall art, Pam had her car and Shawn drove the truck.  It was a trip of a little under two hours but the fog complicated things slowing us from time to time.  I arrived first being led by my trusty GPS that Nikki and Steve gave me for Christmas.  It took me right to the door.

The unloading process took much less time and we found humor as we unloaded box after box.  Pam fed us some really delicious food and then we headed back to Lodi so Shawn could be home ready for his 6 am rising.  After that I headed back through the fog and arrived home at around 2:15 this morning.  I've lifted more and pulled and pushed the dolly than at any point in the last year.  This was harder then moving wood yet my body seemed to respond well and while feeling tired now it does feel very good to have been able to help someone.

Tomorrow is another day, can I ask if you would pray that orders can come my way this week.  I would appreciate that very much.

Love

tim
ps  special thanks to Sylvia and Jerry who helped keep me awake with stimulating conversation while I drove the long miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment