Monday, January 3, 2011

Still on cruise control

Good evening
Once again it is nearing the time for sleep.  A nice thing happened today, well actually several nice things.  First one is a chance to help with Keanna on Friday afternoon and take her to a special gymnastic session at Black Diamond.  That will be great and will get me back in the area at a decent hour on Friday afternoon which has been a goal of mine for some time.  Secondly Ray and I got to play with wood toys today.  He has this really great wood splitter which is driven by long handles that you pump and then the ram pushes the wood into a sharp wedge and the wood splits.  Sometimes it sort of explodes when the pressure gets too high.  It is totally a great piece of equipment.  We also played with his gas chain saw but there was a lot of smoke from the chain.  Not sure if it was just because the wood was so hard or the chain was not oiling enough.  Wish I knew more.  Then this evening at dusk I decided to take Starr out front for some exercise in the front yard.  Patty, my long time friend from the grief group was driving by, she saw me and came back.  We then proceeded to talk for a very long time about life in general.  Meanwhile Starr found her legs better than at any point in days, chased a boy on a bicycle, wandered into yards on both sides of mine and eventually came back to sit beside us while we talked.  She had a blast so everyone won.
The mail was good to me today, it brought a check from Trimavin, a management company.  Then the email turned kind as well.  A simple message said that 360 Mortgage had deposited $890 into my Paypal account.  Well that was great news.  Knowing the money was coming allowed me to make the Honda payment and take care of some smaller things as well.  Meanwhile I tried my hand at browning some whole wheat tortillas and then sprinkling Cheddar cheese that had been grated and add in some pinto beans.  It turned out pretty tasty but a bit more crunchy than I would like.  Not sure how to keep them soft like at Taco Bell.  I did learn that with frequent turns both sides will brown nicely.
I had a most interesting experience with EHarmony.  A person who has been communicating with me and lives nearby reacted negatively when I mentioned I was a Seventh-day Adventist.  I've learned to get that information out early as some people who attend churches which are not SDA tend to really have a strong reaction to my being one.  Best to get it out there early in the process.  She said she knew nothing of SDAs so looked in Wikipedia, somehow I doubt one gets the real full essence of ones church from that source.  She was concerned that there was no dancing, no popular music, basically no fun.  My that is certainly different than how I feel about my church.  So I wrote back explaining about Loma Linda Medical School being one of the best in the nation, about our educational system being the largest other than the Catholic system, about how Adventists tend to live much longer than the normal citizens and about how much we like to help people medically or in whatever area they need help.  It was a fun exchange and I've just read her response.  She's not dated for 16 years and is pretty terrified about the whole process but feels led by her Lord to move ahead,  very interesting!

So now its time to shut down the lights and end production for the day.  One of these days I'll have to start working again.  I feel much better now, nearly well again and I've got to think all the rest has helped, that and a very cold and damp 3 mile walk with Ken the drill master this morning.  Let me tell you a hot drink sure tastes and feels good after the time out there in the elements, brrrr.

Sending love to all, I got a wonderful clip today of Mia smiling and happy.  Wish I could share it but I don't know how to do that yet in a blog.  I'm sure that it can be done and then you would just click on it and you could watch a very cute baby do her thing.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment