Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The sun shines

Dear Family and Friends,
I'll write now so I won't forget later.  I'm just back from Weight Watchers where they say I have lost 2.2 pounds since I was last there.  News to me but I'll take it.  The room was jammed with dozens of people and hardly a place to sit.  The regular instructor was ill so we had a sub.  She was OK but not great.

On the way home I hit Safeway for diesel and food.  I ended up spending $150 for the two stops.  It sure is easy to spend money in this old world.  I stocked up on things for the future, frozen vege food, bread, cottage cheese, cans of refried beans, almost bought ones with LARD in them, yuk.  Found ones without.  Sylvia walked me through making a simple burrito yesterday and I tried it today, tasted great.  Nice to learn new things.  For the fun of it I added brown rice to the mix today and grated my own cheese.

The waiting is over, an order came in today and its a full fee one from my bank, that is great news. At the moment I'm listening to opera through XM.  The human voice is so beautiful, this is a duet with choral backup.  Its great, Mass in C Major by Beethoven.  Lovely music, so touching, almost evokes tears it is so moving and powerful.

The day started with caring for my girls.  Keanna came down fairly early and was sleepy eyed at first.  Later when I went up to get Kallie I opened her door and picture this, she was sitting up in her little bed surrounded by many books which she was reading, she looked up with a huge smile on her face.  We did the diaper and she insisted on doing the shirt herself, she did it and then we went down for breakfast.  They are great little girls and its so much fun to start the day with them.

After they are delivered I cam back to settle in to work.  First I built a huge fire to warm the place up and at one point it was 73, up from 62.  Outside the sun was working its magic dispelling the foggy gloom of the last weeks.  For fun I dumped the motorhome tanks, I have a fairly low fun threshold these days.

So I need to complete an appraisal for a little place in Pittsburg, ship it out and then get to bed.  6 comes early and I always wake early, my body seems fearful of missing the alarm when the little ones are at stake.

I hope your day has gone well and that you've had people contact with those you care about.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment