Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ready or not here it comes..............

Well here comes the new week, frankly I'm not that excited about it, actually I'm not that excited about much right now.  I did enjoy a nice mid afternoon lunch with Nikki today sans kids.  It was nice to be able to talk with her instead of manage the little ones.  We had delightful food at Strings, oh so good, oh to be able to cook like that and create such wonders.  I'd have guests all the time if I could learn how to manage that.

Ken and I walked in 37 degree weather this morning and we could feel it.  I dug out this really nice pair of long underwear so my legs stayed nice and warm for a change.

After the walk was over I drifted back into the house where I built up a really warm fire, made breakfast, toast, eggs, stripples, OJ and a banana.  I tried some new coffee I got last evening at Safeway.  It is supposed to have chocolate flavors but I had to pour it out.  It was truly terrible.  I've yet to make coffee here at home that even comes close to what I get at Mimi's, Olive Garden and of course Starbucks.  Mine is never good,  I just find it really wasteful to put tablespoons of coffee in the pot for a simple cup of coffee.  Any ideas other than just give up.  Now my mocha from the can is great, I love it but its about 75 calories every time and that adds up.

This afternoon I stripped the bed and grabbed every blanket in sight and washed them all.  The washer and dryer have been going for hours but doing a very good job. 

Tomorrow morning I'm to be in Santa Clara at 9 am so I think that means I need to get away from about 7 or so due to the traffic I'll encounter along the way.  Then on the way back I'll do a driveway in San Ramon and try to get to the county courthouse to register my fictitious business name, mine for the company has elapsed and I really don't want anyone else to grab it, plus I can't open a new business account at Chase Bank without having a current business name on file.  Then I'll come on home and start writing things up.

At the moment I have to admit I'm finding life pretty boring.  Short days and long nights, little work to keep me busy so I eat and then eat some more.  Need to break out of this cycle but so far it has not happened.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment