Thursday, January 27, 2011

A good day

Dear Family and Friends,
Its early evening and I'm waitng for the fire to catch.  So far smoke but nothing else.  Come on I want flames.

This morning was an in office time until a call came in from a owner in Tracy confirming that I could see her home today if I wanted.  When I was at the bank making a deposit of a check for the last RELO I did I learned that Sylvia could use a ride to pick up her ailing car so I drove to her home and we rode over to the repair place.  I'm trusting that the fix worked since she had errands to run and I never heard back later that she was stuck someplace.  It was great to see Sylvia and to catch up with her adventures, there are always so many to hear about.

The home was a lovely property with abundant evidence that a family with young children lived there.  I actually ran into the other appraiser while I was there and that is always interesting to observe.  He carried a huge tape and a laser device to do his measuring.

As I worked I became more and more aware of just how hungry I was.  For lunch I had just taken time to have a boiled egg and a slice of wheat toast.  So I decided to treat myself with Olive Garden.  I sat in the bar area where one can get seated instantly.  My ice tea, eggplant and salad were excellent.  What a feast and by ordering the lunch size the price is much lower.  I'm glad I made that decision.

Today I was honored to hear from friend Art who along with his trusty wife Connie has just returned from a serious trip in their beautiful 5th wheel RV.  It is so nice and they have been dry camping, an adventure in its self.  Dry camping means the motorhome is not plugged into anything.  You live off what is held in the tanks and what the tanks can hold without gaining power or water from the campground.  Its a real test of the unit and Art says they did fine.

At the present time I have a request from a family that wants to rent my RV for a month next summer.  That would be a big help in making payments and I think they would enjoy themselves on the trip.  We will see if it takes place or not.

Today was also nice in that I was able to speak at length with my sister Sibyl and brother Jerry.  They are both doing well, Sibyl in Ohio where the ground is covered with snow and the nights are freezing and Jerry who lives in the shadow of Mt Shasta and also has cold nights and more of a winter season than I do here in the valley.

This evening I got to talk to Loren Dunston, my friend in Tracy.  He has been under the weather but is feeling better.  It was good to catch up a bit.  He used to ride with me when I had properties to see all over the plac and even helped me fix my front bumper ont he  bug.  By the way the bug is turning 236,000 in less than 200 miles.  Thank you Lord for keeping it going.

Well time to jump start this fire, I want flames!

Take care of yourselves and please love the one you are with as often and as well as you can.  Life is too short not to reach out and touch that special someone.  Take it from someone who has known it with and without.  With is better.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment