Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter doldrums

Good evening,
Its 9:45 and I'm tired of being cold but the sunshine today was nice for a change.  Starr and I ventured out this afternoon to snatch the mail and walk about.  She enjoyed the chance to sunshine and the chance to stretch her legs.
This morning Ken and I walked in the cold, dark, damp morning air.  I'm not sure how much help that is to the lungs but I do enjoy the return to the house where it is warm and a hot drink waits.  No matter what we did the cold crept in around the scarf, gloves, parka, hat.  It was just cold but of course to be fair it was only about 34 degrees, not really cold like some of you experience.
I stoked the fire when I returned and heard Starr complaining.  This morning she was sleeping so soundly under the covers that I left her on the bed while I was walking.  She was very ready to get up once I returned and voiced her complaints.
This morning I tuned into XM and connected to the classical channel so I enjoyed lovely music all morning as I worked.  I brought the appraisal for Pleasanton to a conclusion and emailed it out.  A phone call changed the day as an appraisal I had to finish today was cancelled so I'll just be paid an inspection fee.  Oh well.  This afternoon I decided on comparables that need to photographed in Clayton and surrounding areas.  However before I could get them shot the day got away from me so I just drove to Brentwood to the Weight Watchers meeting.  I was amazed to find the room packed to the walls with many many people, many were signing up for the first time and others of us were there to check in.  It was a mess really, not enough chairs and of course my day was spoiled by a defective scales, well at home it was 216 and there it was 222.  Now can clothes weigh that much?  Of course there were those 3 burritos I made and many other tasty items during the day.
After the Weight Watchers meeting was over I went to my health club.  Its the first time in a while and after 5 of the machines I didn't feel so well so I quit.  My body was not up to the task and when I walked to my car I didn't feel so well.  My blood sugar was very low and I was glad to make it home.
I stoked the fire, checked emails and then created a plate of food with some vege steaks as the base and covered them with freshly cooked Lima beans, corn and some tomatoes.  The meal was very tasty.
I certainly am praying for orders.  I'm coping with having almost no orders.  At the moment I have a new relo order which I will see on Thursday.  They pay very well and I also have a new order for a property in Santa Clara.  That one pays very well too.  So its not like I'm out of work but I'm not dealing with the volume of work I need to keep the bills paid.  Many of you know first hand what I am talking about, a shortage of funds or job uncertainty.  We are headed into a declining economy again, rates are up for loans, unemployment is up sharply in many cities, foreclosures continue to hit people and this government knows nothing about job creation.  There is no one in the current administration that has ever had to meet a payroll or run a business.  How we need new blood.  I have great hopes for the new congress, perhaps someone will care about the huge whole the government is spending us into.
Yet in spite of everything that is happening we have each other, we have friends and family to relate to and enjoy.  Tomorrow I'm going to start teaching Keanna piano lessons when she comes, its just a little thing but she has been asking, what a golden opportunity to use the 6 ft Kawai for a good purpose.
So tonight I'm sending mixed messages, not all is well financially but health wise I'm gradually feeling better and better, still have chest congestion, nasal congestion, some coughing and a lot of heel pain on my left leg but I find life pretty good.  Not great, I could not begin to say that but OK.
I so often long for a chance to sit on a park bench with our Lord and just fellowship, understand what His will is, how He would like to use me.
This evening my friends Art and Connie are at their southern home in Indio.  They traveled there yesterday through winds, rain and even had to detour due to Highway 5 being closed due to snow. Talk about adventure!  The Lord blessed them with a safe trip.
So I extend my love to you all this evening,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered that you might be right where the Lord wants you, and needs you the most? Think of all the people you come into contact with ~ I'm sure you have no idea of the full impact you may be having, in many small ways.

    Have a wonderful time with Keanna and the keyboard!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete