Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Living the good life

Dear Family and Friends,
Any of you that need exercise and don't belong to a gym?  I have a great new opportunity for you.  This afternoon Keanna and I went on a search for firewood.  We started our search in hopes of finding a 1/2 cord of Almond and ended up with a full cord of Walnut in the driveway.  Let me tell a full cord is a big stack of wood!  There are many wheel barrows of wood waiting.
This was a Keanna day and I picked her up at 12:45 after shooting comp photos in Clayton in the fog this morning.  This afternoon she did her homework and then watched some TV, munched on popcorn, we checked out the park where they have taken all the children's play equipment away, said it was unsafe, that is after kids played on it for the past 20 years.  They have purchased all new stuff that is PC safe and totally boring.
So here I am with my new cord of fine burning wood and tomorrow is a stupid no burn day.  Nikki sent me an article which stated that there are 70 idiots who roam around tracking down odors including smoke on no burn days.  They can fine someone with a fire burning up to $400 but don't do it until they have issues some warnings.  What a stupid waste of tax payer money, no wonder the state is broke.
This evening when Nikki picked up Keanna she brought Kallie in to visit.  Kallie is so fun, she headed for the play house and the barbies but when she went home she wanted to take them with her, it was a tense moment or two but Keanna saved the day letting her take one Barbie home with her.  It stopped so big tears from rolling down her cheeks.  Nikki happened to mention that I could still make it to spin class.  All day I had thought it was Thursday and thought I had missed spin class.  So after thinking about it for a bit I dressed down, biker shorts and t shirt, sneakers and off to the club.  When I stopped to sign up all the bikes were already signed up for except for 2 and when I got to the room there was someone on the bike I had signed up for.  Well there was another one empty so I jumped on and rode.  What fun, what exhaustion and what a sense of accomplishment once I had finished the session.  The young woman in front of me rode like she were a machine, she never missed a beat, rode fast, rode hard and had muscles that flexed.  I thought what different levels of fitness human beings come in, my level which is obese and trying and she fit, lean and strong.  Of course since it is the beginning of the year there are lots of people who have decided to do better and they filled the room.  One poor boy of about 12 gave up about half way through and left.  He looked very tired and his face was red.
Once the sessions was over I walked to the car and started home.  On the way I called both my brother and my sister.  My sister Sibyl is still in the hospital.  She said she went in on the 22nd and so spent both Christmas and New Years in her hospital bed.  That was so sad.  She was in great spirits and is enjoying the results of having a lot of fluid pulled from her body with lacix.  Now she is considering having the surgery to bypass the majority of her stomach.  All of her doctors are on board agreeing that it would be very beneficial to her.
I woke this morning to got walking in the icy morning air.  Ken and I nearly froze in the 32 degree temperatures and felt the cold over the entire walk.  When I returned and was preparing for my shower I happened to look in the mirror and discovered my left eye was filled with a broken blood vessel.  It was so red that it was a bit scary, by far the worse I've ever seen.  My vision is good but Keanna had a hard time looking into my face, it frightened her.  I'm not sure what happened but I think it might have been caused by a combination of my existing medicines with a new one Jim gave me to deal with the heel pain.
Well its time for bed now.
Why the good life?  Well its not bad really and tonight I have the memory of Keanna, Kallie and Nikki visiting, of a huge pile of firewood in the driveway, of a gradual improvement in how I feel and of having survived yet another spin class.
Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment