Monday, January 17, 2011

Sylvia provides a huge helping hand

So now the files are in order, this woman can become obsessed with a goal and you'd be wise not to step into the way of that momentum.  Tonight the files are all in order, in boxes ready to be transported to their final resting place on the shelves of the garage.  In two days of working smart and hard she has transformed the files and the lower office from piles and piles of files to order.  She picked up where Marilyn left off this summer and with my help doing data entry we have the files totally up to date and have a system in place that should avoid large piles of unsorted files for the future.  Wow.

I ended up staying over last night and had breakfast with Jason and Timothy this morning, held Mia for a while and then quickly prepared the motorhome for flight and left the summer morning to drive home.  Soon I was in light fog and then it was heavy fog.  I was in high fog for most of the way home and I could feel the chill come over the motorhome after the warm send off.  Timothy, Mia and Jo stood in the driveway waving to me as I drove away.  Leaving is never fun and knowing how much Timothy enjoys seeing me really made a deep impression on me.  How I love these little kidos, all unique in their own way, but so bright and so active and loving.  For those of you unfortunate to be old enough to have grandchildren my heartfelt sympathies go out to you, soon you too will pass the test and become a grand parent.  Soon you too will know what real status is.

The trip home was pleasant.  I wish I could convey to you how enjoyable driving the motorhome really is.  You glide above the mundane, you make slight course corrections, you plan ahead, you control the temperature, the speed, the lane changes effortlessly.  It is the ultimate boy toy, the motorhome.

So I came back to find Sylvia already hard at work and while I did data entry she waded into a real mess I had let happen.  Nice way to use a holiday, yet Sylvia says she really loves it.  I spoke to her about the need for therapy, serious therapy but she maintains that she get a thrill out of order.  Thank you Sylvia!

So now its time to head to bed, I have the girls in the morning at 6:30 which will be nice to do again, its been awhile.  Steve has the chance at several days of work and I love to help with the girls so we all win.

Sending love to all,  I'll not soon forget the night last night, clear skies, hooting owls, distant surf crashing, it was a perfect winter night California style!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment