Friday, May 20, 2011

At last, the weekend!

Dear friends and family
Finally it is Friday evening and things look and feel better.
Keanna came this afternoon. We drove to Brentwood and had burritos at taco bell. We are pleased to find a new item keanna can enjoy. All too soon her mommy called, was on the way so I passed Keanna off and headed home.  Once I arrived home I had all these incredible plans of things to do.  However only part of the things got done.  You know I'm pleased that I moved out of my lethargy and got anything done.  First I moved the motorhome to the other side of the drive by to dump the tanks I had forgotten, I carried Starr out to the front yard so she could get some air and have a change of location.  Then I cut down some volunteer palm trees that just pop up everywhere and are often in the way, got the boat covered again and borrowed Ray's ladder.  Using the little ladder I ventured up onto the roof, you know you think a bit more about bad stuff happening when you live alone, how long before someone would find the body, that sort of thing.

I turned on the receiver for the christian dish and clicked it to signal search, this put out a horrible sound of a bull horn repeating over and over again.  Not sure how it would change I just turned it up loud, dialed the cell phone on the house line, answered the cell phone and put it on speaker and headed to the ladder.  I took a little wrench with me and once I reached the top I could access two little nuts that held the dish in its position in relationship to the sky.  After loosening the nuts I first lifted the dish more toward the sky but the sound stayed the same, then on a whim I let it fall a bit and suddenly I realized that the sound coming from the receiver had changed to an even worse sound.  As I entered the house I heard the TV program on and people talking.  Mission accomplished.  I had a 60% quality reading and a 70% reading of signal strength.

This evening I've enjoyed great music, beautiful nature scenes, a bit of preaching, interviews and some history.  Its been great.  Once I was inside for the night I made some whole wheat pasta, used a can of low salt and low fat mushroom soup, cooked some peas and enjoyed a very tasty meal.  For a drink I used the low sodium V8 I have on hand.

Just now before coming to complete the blog which I started earlier on the iphone I managed to catch a few minutes of Joyce Myers, she is a hoot and has excellent messages of reality in Jesus.

Tomorrow morning having no girls this time I'm going to aim for a nice early morning bike ride down the levee, then to worship with the greatest people on earth in Tracy.  Yes a lot of stuff has come my way this week, some of it pretty hard to cope with yet as I look about there are sure others who are facing much tougher challenges.  Perhaps you are one of those and I can just say, God never gives up and He sure has His hands full with the mess this world is in.

So lets have a great weekend with a time to worship, fellowship, rest, plan, study and savor life while we have it.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment