Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday at last.

As we put another week into the record books we pause to consider, what did we really accomplish?  Did we witness any sunsets, taste any new foods, dumps unwanted pounds, encourage someone close by?

During this week we've managed to do away with public enemy #1 but I've got to say having people rejoice and scream into the night over his death makes me very disappointed.  In the same manner I was angry when rejoicing broke out in arab countries when 9/11 happened.  I just thought we were better than that as a country.  Yes its good he has been removed from the world, are we safer?  who knows.  But at least he won't be master minding any more death and destruction of our country, our citizens.  I am troubled when I see us get excited and act like its the 4th of July over his death.  I do think we have a right to be proud of our guys and gals who pulled off a really good op, that is encouraging that all the money spent on the military pays off.

And what does it mean to be an American?  I think it means something special, not that we are richer or more loaded with possessions, no I hope it means that we have a sense of pulling together for a common good, of helping each other out when needed, of working together to accomplish things.  American used to build things but now we just buy junk made in China and we buy it because it is cheaper, so cheap that our citizens could not make a living making something that would compete with the junk.  I shudder when I go into WalMart, is there anything made in America even sold there?

This has been a week of challenges for me and mostly as of this evening unmet challenges.  I'm still waiting for a huge management company to pay what they have owed for 2 months so I can make my house payment and there are other challenges as well, so many that its almost overwhelming.

I'm always glad to hear from Dolly who write encouragement emails all the time and to talk to Art my long time friend and the almost daily chats with my brother.  I'm glad Sylvia is back from traveling, she is a good person to share with and she always encourages me.  Of course I've enjoyed the kids this week and tomorrow I'm driving to see Timothy and Mia, my kiddos at MBA.  I'm just going for the day, consider this, about $90 to take the motorhome or about $20 to take the bug so Starr and I are venturing out to take the bug for the day.

So dear friends and family,

I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment