Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ups and downs

OK, the ups are interacting with the girls as they struggle from sleep to the breakfast table and then the challenge of getting them into the van on time.  Not that its easy, they have strong wills and attempt their own agendas but it is sure interesting to observe.  This morning found Kallie sort of on the edge, not sure if she felt better or not and so we walked to the van with her still in her sleeper, but she did not want to walk into the sitters in her pjs so I'm in a parking lot, van back hatch is open, engine is running so warm air is still there and changing Kallie into day clothes, where does it talk about such events in the grandparent handbook?  I must have missed that page.

This morning I did the local appraisal and then came back to the office to do some basic book keeping.  What I discovered did not please me.  The tardy management company who cut a check last Wednesday and confirmed on Friday they were sending it out, well it has not arrived yet.  They did email me a list of what was being paid for with the check.  So today I took their list and started logging out the appraisals that were being paid.  Imagine my shock to discover that the most recent appraisal they were paying for was completed 2 and 1/2 month ago and they were paying for one that I finished in December, 5 months ago.  I wrote a long letter (email) to them laying out the problem and asking for someone to contact me and commit to doing better, so far the silence is profound.  Then to compound things this afternoon someone from a loan company emailed to ask that I send a paid invoice for an appraisal I did 2 months ago.  When I looked it up I've not been paid yet but of course the loan for the buyer can not close until they have confirmation that I've been paid.  They did some digging and the buyer paid for the appraisal, paid $450 over 2 months ago with their credit card yet I've not been paid the $270 that they ended up paying me.  Something bad is going on and its about to change.

This afternoon Keanna came to visit and after watering her little garden of newly growing seeds, nibbling on a boiled egg, drawing some pretty nice pictures we loaded up and went to Toys R Us where she shopped with her $8.00.  Finally she found an item that was very cute that was slashed 50% and ended up buying it with her dimes and quarters.  Then we went to Taco Bell where we tried something new, we ordered a burrito with just rice and she loved it.  Eventually we made it back home picking up Kallie on the way and Nikki collected her angels later at the house.

This evening I headed to Tracy to do a 2055, a driveway appraisal and then dined at Olive Garden.  How I love their salad!

Now its bed time.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment