Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sitting at the bar just listening

Dear Family and Friends,
This evening on my way home from a Point Richmond appraisal I found my blood sugar plummeting and knowing I was an hour from home I stopped at an Applebees in Pinole.  The place was hopping and like usual you can go to the bar and order immediatelly instead of waiting for a lonely booth. 

Once I was settled into my place and ordered I began to listen to the world around me, the comments told me there are worlds of behavior and attitudes I know nothing of.  On my left was a arab looking young guy who mainly was watching the Sharks on a big overhead screen and the Bulls on yet another TV.  To my right were two 20 something ladies discussing men, boyfriends, work and life in general, wow the language even in this public place was pretty incredible, perhaps ladies was the wrong word to describe them.

My vege pizza with spinach, cream, tomato, basil was excellent as it always is, the crust is paper thin, the taste wild.  That along with diet coke got me home.

So now its night time, dark and its time like this that it would be nice to have someone who loved you to talk to, to share, to plan, to be reminded that life is worth it.  Now I have to admit I had a huge dose of that this morning.  The girls were at their best, Kallie was up, happy, busy and Keanna was also up and in good humor.  I asked what they wanted for breakfast and was met with, we don't want any.  Well I can't let little people go off to school and the sitters with NO breakfast so we tried again.  Then I took their order and they ate well.  It is so interesting to be around little ones whether it is Mia with her 7 month old movements and smiles or Keanna with her 8 year old concerns and plans.  And all the way between everyone has something to offer, something to be excited about.  Having a good dose of the little ones the first thing in the morning is a sure fire way to start the day.
Well something very startling just happened!  My monitor for the computer just gave up, without any warning, it just started to blink and then seemed to blink less.  I thought the video card had failed but I've taken the smaller monitor off Nan's desk and plugged it in and as you can see it works well.  Oh well, one more thing that requires money and I'm very short on that stuff right now.  I'm trying to keep everything in God's hands and let Him direct but month after month, year after year of living over the edge is taking its toll.  I'm not really sure how much more I can cope with, of course what does not coping look like?  Its not a good thing when you envy the homeless person, not really.
Well for now its time to rest.  Thanks for taking the journey with me for better or worse.  Well let me tell you the worse would be having no appraisal to go do so I had this great chance at 5 pm today to inspect a classic home built in the 50s with views of three bridges, a vast expanse of the bay.  The lady was a classic too. Though suffering from cancer of the hands, only two fingers left and they are about to go she was up, dressed, makeup on and a really enjoyable lady to talk with.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment