Friday, May 27, 2011

Helping out

Good evening,
Our weather continues to tease us here, nothing extreme but not that nice either, some wind, some sun, some clouds but a very nice sunset tonight.
It was nice to have the phone ring today and with it came an order, a nice touch to a very slow week work wise.  There there were a couple little reinspections too but they pay so little they are not worth doing, but of course you don't have that choice. 
This afternoon I was able to conduct the appraisal of a home in Summerset, a 55 and over community in Brentwood.  My client had just lost her beloved husband a month ago so we had plenty to talk about.  I spent over an hour at the kitchen table just listening and sharing.  She is a lovely lady in her 70s who did a great job caring for her husband and had it really rough in the last year.  She is coping well and sort of knows the rules, go ahead and do things that bring happiness even if you feel a bit guilty doing them, get out and walk, let time work for you, surround yourself with little ones, take time with your beloved doggie.
They enjoyed traveling in their motorhome and she is comfortable driving it even though its 33 feet long so she may get back on the road.  She travels with a couple different RV groups.
I felt very comfortable talking with her and once again realized that I do have gifts that so often lie dormat but are still there.  Now I just wish I could make a living doing what I love most, helping people.
Here is hoping that you have a great holiday weekend, that you reach out to people in your circle and spend time with them.  I'm convinced that investing in people is about as good as it gets.

So sending love to friend and family alike,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment