Sunday, May 8, 2011

Relaxing Sunday

Dear Family and Friends,
Its been a nice cool day and I've used the day to catch up in several ways.  First off Ken and I finally were able to walk again this morning.  It was actually cold and the wind was blowing but we bravely survived the ordeal and caught up a bit since we've not been walking very much.  Ken had the misfortune of having some nasty person borrow his truck plates in the last couple days, can you believe it.  He has recovered from his long 50 mile ride last weekend from which he raised nearly $1,000 dollars for the cause.

I found myself napping from time to time in the work chair today and after having a spirited discussion with Lois and Ray I realized that my blood sugar had plummeted.  It felt like 70 but was actually 101, still I was glad to discover it back into a normal range again.  I had a griller on thin buns and watched the Mentalist while I ate.

I went on EBay and looked at about 20 different designs for doggie wheel chairs and finally started to sketch my own plan.  Middle afternoon I left and inspected a local townhome that had sold, then drove on to turn in 5 toner cartridges to Staples which give me credit for turning them in and then used three different coupons to purchase a new router.  My old one has been failing many times a day, sometimes 10 or more in one day.  I hope the new one settles the problems and so far it seems much quicker than the prior one and more stable.

After Staples I went to Home Depot and lived there for hours as I tried to figure out ahead of time what I would need to create the little wheel chair, an employee named Richard was very helpful, turns out he lost his wife and a few months ago lost their little doggie so he was very motivated to help me make this work.  Then driving home I thought of more ideas for making it work well.  Of course I got home too late to make it at all tonight.  Oh and I also found a chance to visit Trader Joe's.  I just love that place, they have such interesting stuff.

So here comes the week like a train at 90 mph, how will we cope with its demands?  Can we laugh instead of shoot off our temper?  Can we excel when it would be easier to slack off?  Can we still learn things at our age?

Well my friend and fellow family member, here we go...........

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment