Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Dear Family and Friends,
This day started with a rude alarm and Starr making noises about not wanting to get up so early.  I drove to Manteca and helped unload a truck for a new family who are moving from Fresno and we hope will attend the Tracy church.  They are fun people and had everything carefully boxed up so moving with the large crew from the church was fast and over by 10:30.  We had able direction from our beloved pastor.  Here is the incredible crew who helped!

Once the moving experience was completed I headed back home where I relaxed, built a fire, watched some really good programs by Dr. McDougall and then a special about Desmond Doss.  That was an inspiring hour of TV and filled in the blanks about his life that I did not know.  A medic that received the congressional medal of honor, he served with bravery and selflessness saving hundreds of lives in the process.

This evening it was back to Tracy to do a reinspection of a little house that has seen about 10 visits from me since I did the original appraisal.  It may need yet another one as I still cannot find a way into the attic.  At least I found the FAU/CAC and water heater this time.
Our family met at Olive Garden to celebrate Kallie's birthday and she enjoyed herself very much.  We all did and when they came to sing to her she was very quiet and pretty much overwhelmed by it all.  She did know what to do with your chocolate sunday!

I'm hoping for orders tomorrow.  This kind of vacation is not much fun, sort  of like waiting for an execution instead of waiting for joy and happiness.

So sending love to all tonight and thank you Kallie for two really great years and looking forward to another good one with you.

Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment