Thursday, May 5, 2011

Grinding away toward the weekend

Dear Family and Friends

This evening Carol Peden, friend from N. Carolina, sent an update on Roger's condition.  Frankly he needs our prayers.  He is having some symptoms I've never heard of before and they are very alarming.  He is under the care of a great doctor who is proceeding with all kinds of tests but I just wanted to share with you his desire for prayer. Roger and Carol were close friends of ours, we sang in Roger's choir, we have visited them at Lakemont Cottages several times and always enjoyed a great time at Dollywood with them.  This was one of Nan's favorite places to go, she loved them so much.

My morning plans changed drastically so I ended up writing a report, then hit the road to San Ramon to shoot two photos, then back to Livermore where I put fuel in the car, this time it was a record breaking 46 miles per gallon.  Wow, that takes a bit of the sting out of buying fuel when I can go 600 miles on a tank and that tank costs about $55.

After the fill up it was onto to Discovery Bay where I had an appraisal to do on the golf course.  Once that one was done I came home to start work on writing one that needed to go out.  It just did, gone and emailed away.  For dinner I made a plat of vege burger, brown rice, asparagus and soy sauce.  So good and only 2 minutes in the microwave.  I made two plates since it was so good.

The girls were precious this morning, Kallie was up and going when I arrived, Keanna took a bit of coaxing to get up and going.  We ended up sitting in the car with the slider open as Keanna finished up her breakfast.  They throw something new in every morning and I've learning to just go with the flow, keep it upbeat and keep an eye on the clock.  My hat is off to Steve who does this every morning week after week without a break.

For now I'm signing off,

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment