Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just making it work

Dear Family and Friends,
In case the words are too small I just found the font size changer. 
This day has been another laid back one without pressure of work.  Since Steve kept Kallie home today and did not go to work himself I had the morning off kiddo wise.  At 9 am I pulled up in front of a house in Antioch to test the AC system.  Sure enough it worked fine.  Then I drove to Lafayette to shoot photos of a back deck that the lender was not comfortable with before.  This is the property where deer live in the back yard.  When I arrived the lady of the house was down at the creeks edge moving a log that the flood waters had carried down.  She is an interesting character, lives in a million dollar plus home, listens to Rush every day and is very articulate regarding her views, is not afraid of physical work and is just at peace with herself.  They are about to do a remodel that will cost much more than most homes to build.  That is one thing I love about my work, it always changes, I meet some incredible people and lot of needy ones as well.
This morning while I was driving the phone rang and it was someone from Appraisals 4 U, a management company based in Nevada.  They wanted someone to do a FHA report in Discovery Bay.  Well wonder of wonders it was the same one that yesterday my friend had turned away the appraiser they sent since the guy knew nothing of the area other than he had water skied here.  And now this company is asking me to do an appraisal on a property I just appraised for the owners a couple weeks ago.  I'm seeing it at 9 in the morning and its two blocks away.  Plus they are putting me on their panel and I'll be getting work from them for the area, at least that was their promise.

After I returned from the field I made some lunch, brown rice, asparagus, mushrooms and soy sauce.  It came out great and I added some fresh tomatoes and cottage cheese to the dish.

I determined that this evening I'd head back to Weight Watchers and I did enjoy the meeting but was dismayed to discover I was several pounds heavier than I was.  I could have guessed that would be the case.

So on the way home I stopped at Safeway and purchased, mandarins, oranges, apples and popcorn and this evening I've had an orange, a mandarin and some popcorn.  While I was there I also decided to try out the vending machine for DVDs and found a very compelling story which would have been great except it was severely scratched so kept stopping all the way through.  Starr and I sat in the family recliner and enjoyed the evening.

I sincerely hope some orders come in, I've pushed every door I know of and still no work.

So good night friend and family,

It will be a rainy night tonight or so the weather man said.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment