Sunday, May 22, 2011

Friends can be a huge help.

This morning just as I was preparing to push my bike out the front door for a ride on the levee the phone rang and it was Art who was parked in my driveway.  He had come to visit.  As we talked he helped put the new speedometer on the bike and then I shared how much I wanted to get the motorhome parked beside the garage where it used to be parked.  We went outside and looked over the mess that needed attention, a volunteer palm tree had grown up, there were two old christmas trees brown with the passing time, piles of building materials and trash in general.  Art waded right in, then Ray came along and got involved.  Dust flew, the palm tree was cut down and then dug out of the ground, building materials were moved under the back deck, trailers were moved and cans of trash were placed on the street as tomorrow is pickup day.  Late this afternoon Ray guided and I moved my ski boat much further back then its ever been before, then we placed the tow dolly against the boat trailer and then I carefully backed in the motorhome, wonder of wonders it fit perfectly and tonight the gates are closed and the motorhome is mostly screened from view from the street.  I hope and pray that it will satisfy the inspector who is due back tomorrow.  Thanks dear friends for your help.

Mid afternoon today I couple drove out from Moraga to look over the motorhome and test drive it.  They liked what they saw and I think a few days in July are going to be rented.  It all helps and I'm grateful for this opportunity.

Well since I have to be a Nikki's at 6:30 in the morning I'm going to cut this short and head to bed.  Its been a great weekend and I hope you've had a good relaxing weekend as well.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment