Saturday, May 21, 2011

A great morning

So I climbed out this morning, checked the Internet and EHarmony to see who was just going gaga over my profile (no one was) and pulled out the bike.  I found my helmet and a little mirror that someone left in the motorhome after one of the rentals.  I figured out how to clip it to my glasses and then headed out.  The morning was perfect with sunshine, a bit of wind and just the right temperature.  I rode down Willow Lake Road to Marina Drive and then to the marina.  Then I turned to the levee and rode on the gravel surface to the point where it marks the boating entrance to Discovery Bay.  At that point I turned around and there was a really beautiful woman taking her morning walk.  I have no idea how old she was but she moved with grace.  She was friendly and we chatted a bit before I headed back.  There were several women out walking dogs, jogging and just enjoying the morning.  Eventually I made it back home and showered, had breakfast of oatmeal and links and dressed for church.

Worship was great today with young people doing the talking, their testimony regarding their just finishing year at Modesto Academy was great.  They've had a great year showing that a great set of teachers who are committed to the Lord can really make a huge difference in kids lives.  After church was over I had a chance to greet Michael and Beatrice, Sylvia's son and new daughter in law.  They are incredibly nice people and seem to enjoy being married very much.

Today Dave, a life time friend, was there in church and announced that he will be moving to Washington State in a very short time, his home is almost sold, escrow is close to closing and our loss will be Washington's gain.  He's one of the good guys, brilliant and can fix or solve just about anything.  He was one of the first people I had the opportunity to baptize when I first arrived in Tracy so long ago.

This afternoon I took ice cubes to Lois.  They don't have a way of creating ice cubes and since she is pretty much confined to her bed since her fall she needs ice to keep her drinks cool.  It is the least I can do and I enjoyed chatting with her about her exciting life with cast and all.

I really enjoyed the christian dish programming today.  Both Andrews and Loma Linda had excellent services and the music, the orchestra, the pipe organ, well its just exciting to have back in the house again.

So now its good night to all,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment