Sunday, May 15, 2011

Home again

Wow, what a trip!  Check out the photo from the freeway as I was driving home.  I was at speed and suddenly traffic stopped, then I noticed that the highway was covered with white, not snow, it was sleet but it was thick and traffic was a mess.  5 minutes later the traffic was moving and clear again.

Last night it rained all night and I felt so sorry for the poor people who were in tents.  Some tents held up well but others let the water come right through.  Around midnight I felt I should get up and see if anyone needed a dry place to sleep as I had two beds that were not being used but then I remembered that I had not brought a coat along and I knew by the time I did the rounds I would be soaked through so being the caring person I am I rolled over, patted Starr and went back to sleep.  This morning I heard some very sad stories of people spending the night in soaking sleeping bags trying to find a dry corner, I think I blew that one badly.

This time I got the boat there safely and without dropping it on the freeway, the kids and some adults enjoyed it yesterday and it was good to have it there.  The motorhome behaved perfectly for the whole trip.  Fuel was much cheaper at CostCo in Tracy, $3.99 while in Discovery Bay it was $4.17.  I think I only used about half of the fuel I put in.  On Friday night I pulled in about 8:30 after being stopped for some time on the country road, turns out they were filming a commercial for insurance, lucky me.  On Sabbath morning I had a mocha, hot cereal, toast and stripples.  Then for lunch I baked three pizzas and cut up fresh tomatos for topping.  Lunch was potluck and was great.  The worship time culminated in Jessica baptizing 6 people in the very cold lake.  In the evening the youth had the service and then people baked various things over the simmering coals.  When I went to the motorhome I found I had RV with me and watched that movie from start to finish.  What a funny and enjoyable movie.  Then the rain started so I pulled in the slide since it leaks when extended.  It rained hard all night but this morning only a sprinkle here and there found us so our group breakfast turned out great. I took Belgium Waffles and they were gone in a split second.  Becky make some incredible berry topping when really was very good.  Everyone pitched in, some were making eggs, other potatos, hot drinks, fruit, all great stuff.

Well now it time to give this a rest,  I'm tired and ready to sleep, so is Starr, She has had a big weekend and I think enjoyed herself too.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment