Thursday, June 30, 2011

Adna Nelson, Nan's mom has passed away at 93 years old.

Did you have the cool blustery day where you live?  I woke to chilly air whisking through my room, I snuggled in but Starr said, enough freezing, lets get up.  So battling the inner battle over do I exercise or not I just put on the tennis shoes and jumped on the tred mill.  30 minutes later the day looked brighter and the blood was coursing through my veins.

At 9 am I was on the door step ready to deliver the appraisal that I had written last night.  She handed me a check and the day looked a bit brighter.  Of course the checks are never enough but they sure are better than nothing which is what has come in the mail for the past two weeks. Its the driest spell I've ever had.

At noon I arrived at a nice home in Danville.  The great part of my job is I'm meeting new people nearly every day and they are almost always pleasant and interesting people.  Especially for reverse mortgages which usually involve older people I try to listen, to be extra kind and try my best to exude a positive approach to their home.  Today was no exception.  The owner was spry and helpful as we located the crawl space beneath her house and then I squeezed into the attic through a closet full of a young girls things.  Once the home was inspected I needed food, my blood sugar was dipping a bit so I ask the GPS for lunch, it served up Burger King where I had the vegeburger and side salad.  Nice lunch for $6.

Dana reached me in the late afternoon to tell me Nan's mom had passed away.  She had been pretty much out of it for a couple years and had stopped eating.  While I wish I could hop a plane and attend the services at the moment that is impossible.

I started this chapter in the blog last night but as I was writing the system failed.  I spent an hour last night trying to make it work.  It just started working now at 8:30 this morning so I can get this out.  Sorry for those who wait up or read early, I was stuck.

Got to say I'm not feeling well this morning, not sure what is up but even with breakfast on board I still feel pretty rough.  could it be the phone calls looking for money or is it more?  Time will tell.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment