Friday, June 24, 2011

Finishing strong

Dear Ones,
11:21, so much for going to bed early.  I rolled out early this morning and started doing research.  Once I had it ready I headed for Brentwood where I inspected a very nice home with PebbleTec pool, hardwood floors and nice landscaping.  $700K home going for $335 or so, its the norm now.  I wonder just how much wealth was lost in the past 3 years, amazing amount and lives have been shattered because of it.

Once I was done in Brentwood I turned for Fremont.  I'm listening to a great book Lois put on my ipod and that helps the miles pass by easily, that and 50 mpg helps also.  In Fremont I had a review to do so I drove the subject and then 8 comparables and found a Burger King, had a vege burger and side salad.  Satisfied I headed home and sat down to write up the review.  At first it seemed everything was in order, then I started looking deeper and the appraiser had made some huge adjustments that I could not find any reason for.  So I started to contact the agents who were involved in the sales he had used and he had just made up some of the numbers without any support.  So then it looked like the value was too high but then I plugged the two extra comparables I had shot photos of, I plugged them into the grid and they helped support his original value.  But it took hours to prove all of this and of course the fee stayed the same $225.  That is to set up the order, do the research drive 2.5 hours round trip, another three hours to write it up and ship it out.  Lets just say I'm not likely to get rich any time soon at the current rates.

Emotionally this has been a challenging day, once again no money came in the mail and none fell from heaven.  Someone wondered if I expected help, money, from my friends, well the answer is no.  My problem is not a short term one but a long term one and friends stay friends longer if they keep finances out of the equation.  I've been asking God for a miracle but so far He is not giving me the answer I sought, in fact I don't sense any answer so far but I've come to a place where I get used to it.  Sort of feels like God says, you've had your life, you've enjoyed your family, your life with Nan and for now enjoying life is a luxury beyond your reach.

There are two things that fire me up, working, solving appraisal problems and interacting with the kiddos in my life.  As I look up my desk is surrounded by photos of the kids, they are such a mood lifter, they go full out and then they sleep, they love, fight and then love again freely and with fervor.  This evening Jason and Jo are preparing to start their return trip from Denver and Nikki is home safely with her family.  I'll not be taking the girls tomorrow, they are pretty busy with their mom home.  I'll have Kallie tomorrow afternoon and evening as Keanna is doing campout with girl scouts and Kallie needs a diversion.  That should be a hoot.

This evening after completing the report I took money I'm not sure I have and went grocery shopping.  I had a $12 certificate from CostCo and with that I bought a months supply of Soymilk, then at Raleys I found Scallops in a can and at Winco I found cheap groceries.  I came home and just tried a whole bunch of things.  Now its past bed time.

For those of you who don't have a care in the world I say enjoy it while you can, it may not last forever, in fact I can pretty much assure you it won't. For those of you who like me are sort of wondering what comes next, well its no fun but it means we are still alive.

I want to honor real frienships tonight.  I think I've had lots of friends in mylife but few that were really close.  During this week I've heard from a couple friends who have been there for 35 years or more.  One tends to listen when life long friends say things, especially when they say things that are uncomfortable for you to hear.  I'm always better when I listen to my dear friends.  I honor dear friends tonight.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment